Friday, July 15, 2011

A quickie to Sverige

As you know I have family living in Göteborg (Gothenburg), Sweden. I was there with Mom in 2008 to celebrate Uncle Roy's 70th birthday. Uncle Roy is opa's brother and they haven't seen each other since 2006! And the worst thing is that Uncle Roy had a stroke a few years back and his wife Ula-Lena is suffering from severe diabetes and is almost blind, so travel for them is just not an option. Opa and oma are on their last trip to Holland, because they cannot be insured medically anymore and the risks are just too great to put them on yet another flight to Sweden. So I find it very sad that they are so close, yet still are unable to see each other. yes they communicate via phone, but still... it isn't the same. But what can one do?

But on a last minute lightbulb moment, I decided to take JD on a one day trip to Götenborg GOT on IPB-tickets. No overnighting, no nonsens.... first flight out and afternoon flight back. It went without a hitch. The first flight was a little iffy with available seats, so I thought I might have to go via Oslo OSL or Copenhagen CPH with SAS, but in the end we managed to get the last 2 seats due to no-shows.
Photobucket
JD & Ryan


When we arrived, our cousin Valerie picked us up at Landvetter Airport and took us to their rather large home. JD and me spent the day there talking to Uncle Roy, Aunt Ula-Lena, cousin Valerie and her daughter Rubina. We had an early dinner and right after said goodbye and took the bus back to Landvetter. With no bags and other confusuion to hinder us, we took KLM back to Amsterdam AMS.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Killing time awaiting he train to Rotterdam outside. The weather was nice!

JD shares the same Starbucks passion as me, since one was opened in Aruba a few years back. I remember a reader (A.) informing me of this event and I was exstatic, although I wasn't even living there. Hahaha! After we got our coffee, we took Fyra back to Rotterdam and went on to Dordrecht. Even Fyra now serves Starbucks.
Photobucket
JD and her Frappuccino

Anyway, I was just checking my email, when I noticed that Robin, who was back from Curaçao this morning, sent me some pictures. Cool!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Rob with oma, opa & JD

I am tired! My nephew's birthday party is tomorrow and it will be a hectic day. The boy is already 5! Time really does fly!

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

je familie heeft in Comfort gezeten zie ik. Leuk! heb jij zeker weer geregeld! :-)

Lies

16.7.11  
Blogger Traveller said...

Als je met geregeld bedoeld dat ik €720,- hebt betaald, ja! €120 p/p per enkele reis, meid. Dit keer zijn ze met een volbetaalde ticket naar NL gekomen. JD heeft voor haar eigen ticket betaald en die van mijn grootouders heeft ma betaald. Ik heb de upgrades betaald om het voor oma met haar slechte heup gemakkelijker te maken.

Ryan

16.7.11  
Anonymous JOHN @ BOSTON said...

WHAT IS ROBIN DOING WITH YOUR FAMILY?! I THINK IT'S VERY FAMILIAR AND FRONTISH OF HIM TO REQUEST A FLIGHT WIOTH YOUR FAMILY ON IT. I WOULD TALK TO HIM IF I WERE YOU!

16.7.11  
Blogger Traveller said...

Why? Robin was flying to Curaçao on a regular trip and I alerted him to the fact that my family would be doing Aruba-Curaçao with him. This was a complete coincedence. He got off in curaçao, a new crew came on board that continued to Amsterdam.

Despite what you might think, Rob and I split in a very friendly way and it was a mutual decision at the time. We've both continued with our lives and are happy with our current partners.

I would also like to make a point that I don't dump my friends, just because I have a new boyfriend. When there is trust, there's nothing to fear.

On top of everything else, Rob has been going to Aruba and has known my family for years. So I fail to see the problem.

Ryan

16.7.11  
Anonymous JOHN @ BOSTON said...

MAYBE YOU DON'T, BUT DOES YOUR CURRENT BOYFRIEND THINK THE SAME? I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT. I AM TRYING TO STAY RESPECTFUL HERE, BUT I DON'T LIKE THIS KIND OF BUSINESS. NO SIR! IT DOESN'T FEEL RIGHT. SORRY TO SAY. IF ROBIN HAS ANY SENSE, HE WOULD HAVE PRETENDED HE DIDN'T SEE THEM. I SAW IN YOUR PREVIOUS POST THEY FLEW A 747-400. IT'S A HUGE PLANE. HE COULD HAVE EASILY AVOIDED THEM. BUT NO. HE HAD TO GET FAMILIAR AND TAKE PICS. I DETEST PEOPLE LIKE THAT.

16.7.11  
Anonymous Jenske said...

Hahahahaha!!!!!! OMG! Micheline!

16.7.11  
Blogger Remesh said...

I knew Robin was going to be on the flight about 4 weeks ago, when ryan told me. I have no problem with it whatsoever. So why should you? As someone who is divorced, I know what a relief it can be when your ex and yourself can find a way to be on friendly terms. Ryan never asked me to not talk to my ex-wife, so why should I ask him? I mean things weren't always as good as they are now with my ex-wife and Ryan, but now it's superb! So no, I have no problem with any of this whatsoever. Does this satisfy your curiosity? I hope so.

16.7.11  
Anonymous RdG said...

Ik denk dat alles al gezegd is over dit onderwerp. Verder kan ik alleen maar lachen. LOL!


Rob

16.7.11  
Anonymous Devon said...

E yiu di puta ey a echt cuminsa cansamiii....habrenunsiaa

Hijo de tu mardita madre la hora que te pario John from Boston.

Just saying..!

16.7.11  
Anonymous Jeandrina said...

@ Devon: Hahaha! Ba pone mi hari. Lanta mi un poko di e soño cu mi tin aki.

Hombo! Mi no sa ki su coño ta hasi akinan. Disculpa mi lenguaje, pero ese estupido hijo de puta puede besar mi culo negra con sus storias raras a quien nadie tiene interesa.

I can't believe I am up at 03.00 in the morning making party boxes and reading this crap while writing Spanish here in Holland. I'm going to bed.

JD

16.7.11  
Anonymous Mohammed Gawad said...

IPB? Had jij voordat je bij KLM wegging tickets aangevraagd? want je moet toch 6 maanden in ienst zijn voordat je IPB-rechten krijgt? Trouwens je grootouders zien er toppie uit voor mensen die rond de 80 zijn. Petje af!

Moh

16.7.11  
Blogger Traveller said...

Hi Moh, hoe is het daar in Haarlem? Of zit je ergen anders op dit planeet????

Om op je vraag terug te komen; SkyTeam is geen airline, dus IPB-rechten zijn dus ietsjes anders. Ik mag alleen met SkyTeam leden vliegen. Bij KLM kon ik nog op Emirates, Air New Zealand etc. etc. Maar dat gaat nu (nog) niet.

Totdat SkyTeam een IATA code krijgt dan word het pas mogelijk. Mijn IPB-rechten zijn vanaf dag 1 ingegegaan. Normaal is het na 3 maanden, maar dat heet onderhandelen ;-). Ik heb namelijk ook geen proeftijd.

Dit is wat we nu hebben voor 2011:

Aeroflot: onbeperkt voor jezelf.

Aeromexico: onbeperkt voor jezelf & legitieme partner & 2 x per jaar 2 mensen (non-partners) meenemen op dezelfde vlucht

Air France: onbeperkt voor jezelf & legitieme partner & 2 x per jaar 2 mensen (non-partners) meenemen op dezelfde vlucht

Alitalia: onbeperkt voor jezelf & legitieme partner & 2 x per jaar 2 mensen (non-partners) meenemen op dezelfde vlucht

China Eastern Airlines: onbeperkt voor jezelf & legitieme partner.

China Southern Airlines: onbeperkt voor jezelf & legitieme partner en 3 x per jaar 1 persoon (non-partner) meenemen op dezelfde vlucht.

Czech Airlines: onbeperkt voor jezelf & legitieme partner & 2 x per jaar 2 mensen (non-partners) meenemen op dezelfde vlucht

Delta Air Lines: onbeperkt voor jezelf & legitieme partner. onbeperkt voor ouders van actieve SkyTeam'er. 10 Buddy Passes per jaar die je mag weggeven aan wie dan ook.

Kenya Airways: onbeperkt voor jezelf & legitieme partner & 2 x per jaar 2 mensen (non-partners) meenemen op dezelfde vlucht.

KLM: onbeperkt voor jezelf & legitieme partner & 2 x per jaar 2 mensen (non-partners) meenemen op dezelfde vlucht.

Korean Air: onbeperkt voor jezelf & legitieme partner.

TAROM: onbeperkt voor jezelf & legitieme partner.

Vietnam Airlines: onbeperkt voor jezelf & legitieme partner. 2 Family Passes per jaar die aan 1ste graads familieleden mag weggeven.

Legitieme partner = getrouwd, samenlevingscontract of geregistreerd partnerschap (gay or straight op alle airlines in het SkyTeam systeem). SkyTeam is geregistreed in Nederland en moet dus aan de Nederlandse eisen en wetten voldoen. Partner mag op zijn eigen reizen. Companions die je op sommige airlines mag meenemen zijn verplicht om samen met jou op dezelfde vlucht te reizen.

Buddy Passes van Delta en Vietnam's Family Passes geef je weg onder bepaalde voorwaardes en die kunnen ook alleen reizen. Dus wederom zit ik bij Delta het meest gunstig.

Groetjes!

16.7.11  
Anonymous Lana Falana said...

Waar bemoeit die man zich altijd mee?!

16.7.11  
Anonymous JOHN @ BOSTON said...

@ Devon & JD: I have a distinct feeling you guys are talking about me. I tried putting it through Google translate, but the translation made little sense. I would appreciate it if you talked to me directly in the English language in which this blog is. Thank you very much.

17.7.11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John, I've been reading your flaming comments for the past few months and I think other readers have made it abundantly clear that you are a nuisance. I've been a reader since 2006/2007 and I've never left a comment. I read, I laughed, I got iritated and angry over posts and comments, but never left a comment. So you can do so to if you wish. No one says you have to agree with Ryan, his lifestyle or the comments of the readers. I think if you disagree there are much more appropriate ways to leave a comment. If you don't feel like doing that, just don't write anything!

But I think its your goal to create trouble where there isn't any and if that's the case I think you are really childish.

So please, grow up.

Caithlin
Ohio

18.7.11  
Anonymous Lana Falana??????? said...

Is Lana Falana a real name?! LOL! I know a Lola Falana, but no Lana Falana! OMG! HAHAHAHA!

18.7.11  
Anonymous InLoveWith JD said...

Ik ga het niet onder stoelen of banken steken. JD is echt een lekkere negerin! Ik heb nooit een negerin als vriendin gehad, maar met haar zou ik wel willen beginnen hoor. Grote tieten, lekker kont.... wat wil een man nog meer hebben?????

ja ik heb jullie van de week gezien bij de D-pier. Ze had een strakke donkerblauwe spijkerbroek aan die me helemaal gek maakte!!!! Het is maar goed dat ik acher de transferbalie zat. Ik wil nog niet zeggen wie ik ben (maar jij kent me wel, Ryan), maar als ze single is en interesse heeft mag ze dat gerust hieronder laten weten. Dan kunnen we 06 en/of pin uitwisselen.

Je bent een mooie vrouw Jeandrina. Ik was echt verbluft!

...

18.7.11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Voorzichtig ILWJD. Once you go black, you never go back. Ask my husband Anton.... ;-)


Micheline

18.7.11  
Anonymous jenske said...

Hahahaha! OMG! In my case it was true as well!~But then again, I don't think I ever went white growing up on Aruba!

18.7.11  
Anonymous Miekesch said...

Niet helemaal waar Micheline! I went black and I did go back.

18.7.11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Miekesch! Zoooo dat is lang geleden? Ik hoorde dat je in verwachting was. gefeliciteerd!

To get back to your comment; you were confused.

Micheline

18.7.11  
Anonymous Miekesch said...

Hahaha! Jij bent erg, bitch! B E D A N K T !!!!

18.7.11  

Post a Comment

<< Home