Back from Sweden
Last night my Mom and I came back from Sweden after a really fun family trip. As I previously mentioned, my uncle Roy turned 70 years old and his daughter Valerie threw him a party... Swedish style. It was different than I was accustomed to, but fun all the same.

Mom, Valerie and Rubina at Frölunda Mall

An Aruban flag next to the Swedish one in Uncle Roy's yard. This is actually not allowed... the Swedish flag must always be bigger than a foreign flag

Lars (Lasse) & me in the kitchen for breakfast

Outside on the veranda


Party table all prepaired

Birthday card for Uncle Roy... 70 years in Swedish


Eating time!

Cake of uncle Roy is his younger days

More cakes!



Family at the party
In Sweden Father's day and Mother's Day are celebrated on complete different days than the rest of the world. Past Sunday was Father's day, so we had a nice brunch.




Father's day brunch
Yesterday I went walking around to explore the neighboorhood. It finally stopped raining, so I took the opportunity.

Nice houses in Gothenburg! Me likey like!
And then yesterday the time came to say goodbye to my family. Time to head back home. I checked-in online earlier, so when Valerie, Rubina and uncle Roy dropped us off at Landvetter Airport, I just had to print our boardingpasses at the Air France-KLM kiosk and drop the luggage off at the Menzies counter. We went straight to to the gate and boarded our 737 to Amsterdam AMS.

At gate 20A in GOT

View from inside


Inflight GOT-AMS
The flight was short and bumpy, but we landed safely. But then... we parked at gate D87. Anyone who knows D87 at Schiphol, knows exactly where I am coming from! They should just blow up that damn gate.
Anyway let me do some household stuff. Tomorrow is back to work again...

Mom, Valerie and Rubina at Frölunda Mall

An Aruban flag next to the Swedish one in Uncle Roy's yard. This is actually not allowed... the Swedish flag must always be bigger than a foreign flag

Lars (Lasse) & me in the kitchen for breakfast

Outside on the veranda


Party table all prepaired

Birthday card for Uncle Roy... 70 years in Swedish


Eating time!

Cake of uncle Roy is his younger days

More cakes!



Family at the party
In Sweden Father's day and Mother's Day are celebrated on complete different days than the rest of the world. Past Sunday was Father's day, so we had a nice brunch.




Father's day brunch
Yesterday I went walking around to explore the neighboorhood. It finally stopped raining, so I took the opportunity.

Nice houses in Gothenburg! Me likey like!
And then yesterday the time came to say goodbye to my family. Time to head back home. I checked-in online earlier, so when Valerie, Rubina and uncle Roy dropped us off at Landvetter Airport, I just had to print our boardingpasses at the Air France-KLM kiosk and drop the luggage off at the Menzies counter. We went straight to to the gate and boarded our 737 to Amsterdam AMS.

At gate 20A in GOT

View from inside


Inflight GOT-AMS
The flight was short and bumpy, but we landed safely. But then... we parked at gate D87. Anyone who knows D87 at Schiphol, knows exactly where I am coming from! They should just blow up that damn gate.
Anyway let me do some household stuff. Tomorrow is back to work again...
11 Comments:
He!
Wat leuk te zien dat jij ook anti D87 bent. Wat een rebel!
Wie kent dat niet dat je er eindelijk bent op D87 maar je had door het schengen moeten gaan!!!! Kan je weer helemaal terug. Bezweet en brak arriveer je bij je kist! En maar lachen toch.
Weet je wat pas erg is... Horen dat je naar D87 moet.. om er vervolgens aan te komen..... Helemaal niemand aanwezig.. behalve 1000 muizen... en op de schermen te zien dat er een gate change is naar C10!!!!.... Like zoals.. Van-daag!!!!!!!!
Hahahaha! Wat gek dat je dat zegt Ryan! Het lijkt wel of Transavia daar een abonnement op heeft !!
SPL/PK
Hey SPL/PK,
HV hééft er een abonnement op. D87 is goedkoper dan C6 bv, heeft met contracten en huurprijzen te maken ofzo...
Rob
Last time I had to take a KLM flight to Madrid from D85 or D87. I was seriously thinking... "WTF??" I ain't paying so much of money for a ticket to walk this far! And when I finally arrived what do i hear...?! "Your attention please for a gate change... KLM, Northwest Airlines, Continental Airlines & Malaysia Airlines to Madrid, departure time 15.20... will depart from gate C08". < pissed-off! >
Les
Florida
... Aan het einde van je dienst,nog een kistje op D87 boarden. Jippie!!!
Well Ryan honeybunch, you said your ticket with remesh cost 40euro, well I went on ryanair and checked and bought a ticket to PISA, Italy for 10euro!!!! Super Sale dus.
Finally you start blogging again like before.
Well let me injoy my 2 offdays and then I am how ma how ma how ma hahaha
Day Date Rep-time Duty A/C Dep/arr Times Note
WED 12 Nov RV
THU 13 Nov open roster till 13 Nov
FRI 14 Nov 11:55 KL0455 3/3 332 AMS-BAH 13:35-19:25 (53)
SAT 15 Nov BAHRAIN 25:30
SUN 16 Nov 06:30 KL0451 332 BAH-AMS 23:05-06:00
MON 17 Nov RV
TUE 18 Nov RV
WED 19 Nov RV
THU 20 Nov 13:35 KL0887 4/7 74E AMS-HKG 15:15-02:30 (53) V+
FRI 21 Nov HONG KONG 47:30
SAT 22 Nov HONG KONG
SUN 23 Nov 17:10 KL0888 74E HKG-AMS 04:10-16:40
MON 24 Nov RV
TUE 25 Nov RV
WED 26 Nov RV
THU 27 Nov RV
FRI 28 Nov RV
SAT 29 Nov RV
SUN 30 Nov 08:45-15:15 Type Flight Safety Recurrent G.206
MON 1 Dec open roster ...
The One
Ugh, ik haat Bahrein. Hong Kong is wel super!
Lies
@ The One:
I paid a total of 40 euro's for both tickets together. The weird thing with Ryanair is that when you pay with credit card, they charge € 5,- per sector per pax! So I paid 10 euro's for each ticket, but then you have to pay an additional 20 euro's for credit card surcharge. I still can't complain, because it is still cheaper than IPB'ing with KLM as you yourself as a KLM'er would know...
FR is inderdaad geoedkoop, maar als je in Haarlem woont zoals ik, ga ik echt niet vanaf EIN vliegen. Dan maar ietsjes meer betalen om vanaf SPL te gaan.
Marjolein
Oh ja... en ik haat D87. Toen ik nog bij HV zat had ik altijd het pech dat ik vaak aankwam of vertrok van die achterlijke gate met hun tientallen muizen. Vies gewoon!
Post a Comment
<< Home