Wow...
... has it really been 5 going on 6 years that I started this blog? Damn! I was going through my history and saw that on May 15th, 2005 I created this weblog. I had just left KLM Ground Services and started at Air France Consulting. I would be based in Amsterdam. After a training period I was to go in a team of South-America/Caribbean Specialists. But then they lost a big client and I was no longer needed in that group. So they placed me in a team of Asia Specialists. At that point my only knowledge from Asia was a backpacking trip I did throughout Thailand. The team consisted of Margriet (Grietje) who was a Senior Consultant/Master Black Belt. Brenda was a Lead Consultant/Black Belt and I was to be a Junior Consultant/Green Belt. Winfred (Freddy) was a Flex Consultant/Project Champion... so only when he was needed he did a project with us abroad. But mostly he was working out of the Amsterdam office and he was our contact person at 'home'.

Grietje & me just after arrival in Guangzhou

Brenda & me in Seoul

Grietje & me in at the maglev train station in Shanghai


Freddy

Rickshaw fun in Beijing

Brenda & Ryan @ Toronto restaurant
All I wanted to do was document my experiences for my family and friends in Holland as well as Aruba for them to see what I was up to. I never had the intention for it to be what it is today with readers from around the world.
My weblog was then called "Flying High With Both Feet On The Ground" as some of you readers may recall. I had the urge to document everything and take pictures of everything for my blog. Thank goodness I am over that! I only publish what I want the world to see. What is private, I keep private. I also respect people's privacy. I always ask someone if I may post a picture or their name and if I have an embarressing story to tell about someone else, I change their name. The name of my blog changed several times as did the look. But the essence is still there. Uhm... that would be me of course :-)
At that time my buddy Lesley was working for easyJet! OMG! what a long way he has come!

easyLes
And all of that reminiscing makes me wonder how and when you readers out there discovered my blog. I know there are many 'silent' readers you never hear from, the readers who prefer to send a private email rather than comment directly on the blog and those nakmes that regularly keep popping up in the comments section. Just out of curiousity really.
Time does fly. Good times, sweet memories...

Grietje & me just after arrival in Guangzhou

Brenda & me in Seoul

Grietje & me in at the maglev train station in Shanghai


Freddy

Rickshaw fun in Beijing

Brenda & Ryan @ Toronto restaurant
All I wanted to do was document my experiences for my family and friends in Holland as well as Aruba for them to see what I was up to. I never had the intention for it to be what it is today with readers from around the world.
My weblog was then called "Flying High With Both Feet On The Ground" as some of you readers may recall. I had the urge to document everything and take pictures of everything for my blog. Thank goodness I am over that! I only publish what I want the world to see. What is private, I keep private. I also respect people's privacy. I always ask someone if I may post a picture or their name and if I have an embarressing story to tell about someone else, I change their name. The name of my blog changed several times as did the look. But the essence is still there. Uhm... that would be me of course :-)
At that time my buddy Lesley was working for easyJet! OMG! what a long way he has come!

easyLes
And all of that reminiscing makes me wonder how and when you readers out there discovered my blog. I know there are many 'silent' readers you never hear from, the readers who prefer to send a private email rather than comment directly on the blog and those nakmes that regularly keep popping up in the comments section. Just out of curiousity really.
Time does fly. Good times, sweet memories...
16 Comments:
I didn't discover anything. You just sent me an email telling me this is the link to my blog.
Micheline
Me too! I was even thinking to myself... look at my cousin; this attention whore about he's starting a weblog. Whatever. But I now reaad it regularly with pleasure.
JD
I was Googling soemthing about KLM and came across your blog. I added it to My Favorites and there it is since then. That would be around 2006 or something.
Angela
Delta (former Northwest employee) based in DTW
I was justskipping from blog to blog, came across yours, started reading it, thought it was interesting and kept on reading since 2008. I live in Belgium and I am a frequent KLM traveller.
Groeten uit Luik/Liège.
Martin
Strangely enuff I don't even remember. I follow quite a few blogs and yours is just one of them.
Crystal
Via een collega bij Arkefly. Die ken je wel... TOny V. :-)
Lieke
Googling blogs about Delta, I found this one a few months ago. I live in Atlanta, Georgia.
Greg
Googling blogs about Delta, I found this one a few months ago. I live in Atlanta, Georgia.
Greg
I was going on vacation to Shanghai and was searching for images of the city on Yahoo!. There was this image of you in front of the Pearl Tower and when I clicked it, I ended up on your weblog site.
Un Méxicano de México D.F.
Via one of your YouTube vids. I thought you were cute. But alas, I'm barking up the wrong tree.
Maryna
USA
Not he wrong tree, Maryna... You were in the wrong park. Lol!
Micheline
@ Micheline, I'm barking in the right park @ the right tree. (lol!) must have been around 2005/2006 (googling KLM & the commercial vid's I came across this World traveller & follow his blog ever since with reading his adventures with pleasure
Lol @ Micheline
Ik heb je weblog gevonden door rond te neuzen op een PC van een collega op werk. Je stond in haar favorieten ingedeeld. Ik weet het; het is geen stijl, maar ik was gewoon nieuwsgierig.
Vind het nog steeds leuk hoe je over je werk en je privé leven schrijft. Vind je vriendschap met Micheline en Lesley geweldig. Hoe jullie met elkaar praten en met elkaar omgaan is gewoon geinig. De commentaars van je moeder vind ik soms ook vermakelijk!
Het is en blijft een stuk leuk entertainment voor mij. Ga zo door!
A. uit Hoorn
Nou, ik ben begonnen jou blog te lezen ergens in 2006. En ik kwam jou blog tegen omdat ik een andere blog toen der tijd las. Van Marjolein(LOPPIES) ex HV stess. Toen werkte ik nog als treinconducteur bij NS... Toen was mijn vriend bezig aan het solliciteren bij Menzies en hij kreeg veel info en tips via jou blog over de werving en selectie.
En een paar maanden later zag ik een advertentie van KLM op de treinstations dat ze crew nodig hadden en voila! Ik vlieg nu bijna 4 jaar :)
Mijn vriend werkt nu inmiddels bij Aviapartner...
Last but not least, ik vind jou blog superrrrrrrrr. En ik kom ook uit de Antillen.
Pancake head Robin. Bugs Bunny Ryan, Scooby Doo Lesley haha U REMEMBER!!!
Toedels,
Devon
LOL @ Dev! I certainly remember!
Post a Comment
<< Home