Friday, December 24, 2010

Season Greetings!

These past few days have been crazy! I had to buy Christmas gifts for family and friends, but because of the bad weather, I kept postponing it. But Wednesday and Thursday I had no choice but to hit the shops. I didn't mind, but I hate walking through that slushy snow! It took me 2 whole evenings, but my shopping is done. Thankfully I got everything I wanted.

So yesterday, after my final shopping spree, I took a bus to Papendrecht to watch Remesh play futsal for the last time this season. Futsal is soccer played indoors (Dutch: zaalvoetbal). Remesh and his family have their own teams and they play against other teams throughout the country. Purely on an amateur basis. Remesh is a big soccer fan (Amsterdam's AFC Ajax) and his oldest son, Arun, took after him. Now me... I can't even kick a ball! LOL! It was fun to watch though. And Rem's team won the last match! :-)
Photobucket

Photobucket
Team Upstairs with my 'brother-in-law' Dinish pulling down his pants. That stupid clown!
Photobucket
Team Agility with Rem on the far right and 'brother-in-law' Mon as goal keeper in the middle. Mon is the oldest of the 7 children, while Rem is the youngest. Rem's son is on the bottom right
Photobucket
Mon also works at AF-KL. Here he was at Delta party past January. You can see me in the background

After the futsal was over, I headed to Remesh's house to spend the night. This morning we woke up early, because he had to work. I bummed a ride with him and from the Unilever office I took the metro home. I myself am working until Monday again. I'm spending Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning at my parents' home in Dordrecht. My cousin Michelle from Amsterdam is also spending those days in Dordrecht and Sunday morning she will be heading to Tilburg to spend Boxing Day with her boyfriend Jessey. His Mom is here vacationing from Suriname, so she'll get to meet her 'mother-in-law' for the first time! Spannend!

Sunday morning, I'll be heading to Hoofddorp to spend Boxing Day with Lesley, Elbert and a very pregnant Micheline with her husband Anton. Should be fun.

Remesh is spending Christmas at his sister's house with his kids in Papendrecht and Boxing Day he'll be heading to London for a meeting he has on Monday. Normally we do Christmas at one family and Boxing Day at the other (or vice versa), but this time around we'll be seperate. It's not a biggie, because Christmas has a different meaning for us anyway. Being from different religions and all.

This year Christmas will be celebrated small. Not like it was in Aruba or last year. My Dad is working on both days and many family members packed their bags and ran to the sun in Aruba. Who can blame them. But I don't care... as long as I can eat a piece of turkey and ham, I'm cool. Afterall, Christmas is a time when you get homesick - even when you're home.

So because I have many readers around the world and not everyone celebrates Christmas for some obvious reasons, I'll just keep it simple: Wherever you are on this lonely planet, I wish everyone Happy Holidays!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Jennifer B. said...

Merry X-mas cousin. Enjoy the cold!

Hot greetings from Aruba! Christmas in shorts.... ahhh....

Jenny

24.12.10  
Anonymous SydKen said...

Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas! All the way from 'The Land Down Under'... AUSTRALIA!!!!!

Kenny @ Sydney!

25.12.10  
Anonymous Steffie said...

Merry Christmas cuz! Guess what I got from my parents: a Blackberry phone, a underwater camera and a flatscreen TV for my bedroom! Soooooooo happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kiss, kiss,

Steffany.

25.12.10  

Post a Comment

<< Home