Change of plans
I previously posted that it was Remesh's wish to travel to Sri Lanka & The Maldives for his 40th birthday. But it's proven to be difficult. The dates we want to travel in combination with the hotels we want is proven to be almost impossible. The main reason is that we don't want a pre-arranged package; we want to do our own thing.
It was my job to arrange the whole trip from beginning to end. But when I saw the many obstacles, I decided to tell him that the trip he asked for would be hard to realize in the period he wanted. He basically had 3 options; go with a tour operator, postpone the trip or try another destination. He went for the last option. He wants to go to India. This past summer he was in India with his kids for 3 weeks and he thoroughly enjoyed it. As India is huge, he only saw a fraction of the country and he wanted to explore more. He is a very spiritual person and he says India does something to him that he couldn't explain. I guess it's because his roots are from there. And his family is a very traditional one, when it comes to maintaining there culture. India is cool... India I can do!
I've been there 3 times, but only on city trips. (Hyderabad 2x, Delhi and Goa). This time he wants to trek. So I've been on the internet the entire night arranging a trip. We will not be IPB'ing, because of the downside that comes with doing that. Remesh arranged my 30th birthday in Italy from beginning to end and it was great! Just what I wanted. Now I want to do the same for him. I haven't made any reservations yet. After I wake up and I look over my list with fresh eyes, I will go online and start booking tickets, hotels, transportation etc. Oh, my poor bank account! Ha, ha, ha! Then I have to see if our vaccinations are up-to-date. India is the ultimate travellers destination and now I'll be going with someone who is familiar with the culture and language. Can't wait!

Namaste.
It was my job to arrange the whole trip from beginning to end. But when I saw the many obstacles, I decided to tell him that the trip he asked for would be hard to realize in the period he wanted. He basically had 3 options; go with a tour operator, postpone the trip or try another destination. He went for the last option. He wants to go to India. This past summer he was in India with his kids for 3 weeks and he thoroughly enjoyed it. As India is huge, he only saw a fraction of the country and he wanted to explore more. He is a very spiritual person and he says India does something to him that he couldn't explain. I guess it's because his roots are from there. And his family is a very traditional one, when it comes to maintaining there culture. India is cool... India I can do!
I've been there 3 times, but only on city trips. (Hyderabad 2x, Delhi and Goa). This time he wants to trek. So I've been on the internet the entire night arranging a trip. We will not be IPB'ing, because of the downside that comes with doing that. Remesh arranged my 30th birthday in Italy from beginning to end and it was great! Just what I wanted. Now I want to do the same for him. I haven't made any reservations yet. After I wake up and I look over my list with fresh eyes, I will go online and start booking tickets, hotels, transportation etc. Oh, my poor bank account! Ha, ha, ha! Then I have to see if our vaccinations are up-to-date. India is the ultimate travellers destination and now I'll be going with someone who is familiar with the culture and language. Can't wait!

Namaste.
9 Comments:
Well good for you guys. But you know... keep an eye on your man, 'cause you know! People are lurking around. I don't let Anton out of my sight! LOL!!!!!!
Micheline
Micheline, That Peter or whatever his name is from Boston, should put that nanny to bodyguard his partner. That will take care of business!
Pam
Who will you be flying with, if you are not going to IPB? Het lijkt me sterk dat KLM dan de goedkoopste is.
Les
Pamela, my name is John. Not Peter. And I am indeed from Boston. I know you guys are making fun of me and maybe you think I'm crazy. But I'm not. I'm crazy like a fox!!!
John
Boston, MA/USA
Aha... crazy like a fox? Or just plain our crazy? I sometimes wonder.
Michelle
I can't believe Remesh is almost 40, cuzz! Damn, he's old! He doesn't look it though.
So what are the plans for Christmas?? Are we eating at tante Pamela, tante Melinda or tate Omayra? As long as I get my piece of ham and tukey it's fine with me. Lemme know primo!
Xxx. Michelle
Hombu swa John di Boston ey BO NO TIN GANA DI BAI HUNGA UN PAKULLLLLLL. LAGE HODEMI YUUUUUUUUUUUU. FADA HENDE... IMBESIEL. Habrenunsiaaaaaa
Stressss gewoon ke swa ki...
OMG! Micheline you're such a pain in the neck wuahahahahahahahahahahaha ba gewoon invite e homber den e post aki hahaha.
Senjora Pamela oh yu, ela gewoon bedei bo e jama John no Peter....
I thought u didn't like the heat of India Ryan??? I recall u was with some MIEP there or something like that when u was working AFC I Guess or KL crew...
@ Micheline: what's wrong with you?! You like to stir up truoble, no? Behave!
@ Ma: Stop it! LOL! That Nanny ain't easy.
@ Michelle: Yeah, he is old! Hahahaha! I have no idea where dinner is the 25th. The 26th I will be eating by Lesley Peterson. Email me for his address. Everyone is invited! LOL! LOL! LOL!
But all kidding aside.... Boxing Day I'll be spending at Les. X-Mas my Dad has to work, so Mom isn't keeping a dinner this year. I think we should organize a small get-together at Ma's house. Robin brought back a Christmas ham for me from Atlanta, so we are covered with that! Lemme know what you think. BTW, when is Jesse comming back from Suriname?
@ Anonymous: Mi ta cu bo 100%!
@ Dev: Zo, da's lang geleden! busy travelling the planet, I assume? Still with blue swan?
Yes, you have a good memory! In 2007 I was working as a part-time crew via that crazy uitzendbureau that was not paying me on time. I once flew to Hyderabad HYD with some chick named Miep who was b*tching the whole time about her baby fat, while her baby was 5 or 6 or something. Ugh! And no, I can't stand too much heat ANYWHERE, but India is beautiful and it's Remesh's wish.
Nice to have you back.
Ryan
Post a Comment
<< Home