Waaay back!
So I am back from a week in Germany with Remesh. We celebrated his birthday there. It was fun, we went to Oberhausen, Düsseldorf, Cologne (Köln) and Berlin. Germany is cheaper than Holland, but I spent way too much money there! Hahaha... nothing new where I'm concerned! LOL! We did everything by highspeed train for a change. No flying involved. I like Germany... so much history and architecture. I was reminded that you needn't go far away to discover new things.
Anyway, today I was at Mom's and she dug up this old picture of me which was part of a picture collage. That's why a piece is cut out.

LMAO! It was from way back, when I was working for Air Aruba/Ogden Ground Services at Beatrix Airport in Aruba AUA. I did the handling of Air Aruba, KLM and some other airlines back then. I remember this day well, because my Mom was vacationing there for carnival and she was heading back home via Miami MIA with Air Aruba and Martinair. I told her to come check-in by me personally, because she had overweight. Instead of the 2 pieces of 64 kilograms she was allowed, she checked in 3 pieces of 101 kilograms. She didn't pay a cent... hmmmm... I wonder how come :-P How the time does fly!
Good times & sweet memories of Aruba...
Anyway, today I was at Mom's and she dug up this old picture of me which was part of a picture collage. That's why a piece is cut out.

LMAO! It was from way back, when I was working for Air Aruba/Ogden Ground Services at Beatrix Airport in Aruba AUA. I did the handling of Air Aruba, KLM and some other airlines back then. I remember this day well, because my Mom was vacationing there for carnival and she was heading back home via Miami MIA with Air Aruba and Martinair. I told her to come check-in by me personally, because she had overweight. Instead of the 2 pieces of 64 kilograms she was allowed, she checked in 3 pieces of 101 kilograms. She didn't pay a cent... hmmmm... I wonder how come :-P How the time does fly!
Good times & sweet memories of Aruba...
7 Comments:
Looking at the sign behind of you, it reminds me how great Flying Dutchman was. Flying Blue is a total rip-off. Hardly any miles are given, the taxes are abnormally high and they had the nerve to charge me 2000 miles for an agenda!
Greg
I saw the other pics on FB. Your mother looks like Pam Grier with that afro! Couldn't catch myself!
Micheline
Thank goodness your back! I thought something happened to you! First i thought my RSS feed wasn't responding well, because as soon as you post something new I get an email altert. But for weeks there was nothing!!! Glad your back. Congratulations to you and your hubby on his birthday.
Sienna
what airline is that next to you with the girl behind the desk? Am I right and is that Aeropostal of the Domminican Republic??????
Welkom terug!!!!!! Leuke foto! Dat waren inderdaad goede tijden. Ik mis mijn Air Aruba heel veel. Gezellige boel daar!!!!
Jens
If it's Aeropostal then it's from Venezuela not the Dominican Republic...
And those colors behind the white girl head looks like the colors of the deseased ALM Antillean airline.
Check the link: http://i.planepictures.net/6/60/1036542931.jpg
Greatly appreciate it. Thanks Devon!
Post a Comment
<< Home