Christmas was great once again
I celebrated it with at my parents' house in Dordrecht. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was great as always. Here are some images of the day:



Kids playing and the rest hanging around before dinner

Pork is cream sauce

Macaroni casserole & Christmas ham

Scalopped potatoes & rice

Turkey

Shrimps

Dinner table

Cousin Jennifer & her son DJ



Dinner is served


Gil & DJ love 'oom' Ryan

My brother Junior Skyping with family in Aruba




Kids getting their gifts

Mom & Dad enjoying a dance in the kitchen
My family in Aruba celebrated Christmas their way as well. My grandparents did it at the Driftwood Restaurant:

Cousin JD with her Mom... tante Grace

Oma & opa

Opa & tante Grace

Uncle Geoffrey & oma

Cousin Kathy & tante Grace

Mother & daughter

Cousin Debby & her daughter Kathy

Tante Grace & oma

It was a great Christmas for them!
My cousin Michelle who is studying Tourism & Recreation Management in Amsterdam decided to Aruba this year and spend Christmas in the sun with her parents and sister. Who can blame her? from the pics she posted on Facebook and from her BBM messages I got from her, I know she is having a blast!

Michelle's arrival at Reina Beatrix Airport in Aruba AUA

Weekend stay at La Cabana Hotel

Party!

Michelle (Chelle) & her sister Steffany (Steffy). Two beauties!

Dinner table at tante Sharon & Uncle Mikey (Michael)
For those who celebrate it, I hope you had a great Christmas as well!
But here we are again... another year is coming to an end. It was a good year for me. I can't complain. It had it's up and downs, but in general I was blessed. I have very loving and doting parents, a brother who is sometimes irritating but nevertheless we are inseperable, an adorable nephew and great sister-in-law are attached to that, a super boyfriend who is very kind and supports me in my hectic life 100%, his 3 great kids and very supportive in-laws. I was blessed with a new job that I just adore and I've met many people I like to call friends from around the world.
I would also like to thanks my readers of this weblog for taking a few minutes out of your lives to read about mine and thank you for all the emails, comments etc. Some of you regular commentators I've never met, but some of you sure had me cracking up at times! Devon, Andy, John, Ricardo, Marcus etc. etc.
When 2009 was grown & gone,
In 2010 we partied on,
Although 2011 was really cool,
I think that 2012 will really rule!
I wish everyone a safe and great New Year. I myself am heading to the sun! Totally unplanned and last-minute, I am going Sranan (Suriname). i should be there in time to open the new year with my hubby. He bought me the ticket as a gift. I guess he couldn't bear opening the new year without me. I'm just sayin'! Micheline, shut up! ;-P




Kids playing and the rest hanging around before dinner

Pork is cream sauce

Macaroni casserole & Christmas ham

Scalopped potatoes & rice

Turkey

Shrimps

Dinner table

Cousin Jennifer & her son DJ



Dinner is served


Gil & DJ love 'oom' Ryan

My brother Junior Skyping with family in Aruba




Kids getting their gifts

Mom & Dad enjoying a dance in the kitchen
My family in Aruba celebrated Christmas their way as well. My grandparents did it at the Driftwood Restaurant:

Cousin JD with her Mom... tante Grace

Oma & opa

Opa & tante Grace

Uncle Geoffrey & oma

Cousin Kathy & tante Grace

Mother & daughter

Cousin Debby & her daughter Kathy

Tante Grace & oma

It was a great Christmas for them!
My cousin Michelle who is studying Tourism & Recreation Management in Amsterdam decided to Aruba this year and spend Christmas in the sun with her parents and sister. Who can blame her? from the pics she posted on Facebook and from her BBM messages I got from her, I know she is having a blast!

Michelle's arrival at Reina Beatrix Airport in Aruba AUA

Weekend stay at La Cabana Hotel

Party!

Michelle (Chelle) & her sister Steffany (Steffy). Two beauties!

Dinner table at tante Sharon & Uncle Mikey (Michael)
For those who celebrate it, I hope you had a great Christmas as well!
But here we are again... another year is coming to an end. It was a good year for me. I can't complain. It had it's up and downs, but in general I was blessed. I have very loving and doting parents, a brother who is sometimes irritating but nevertheless we are inseperable, an adorable nephew and great sister-in-law are attached to that, a super boyfriend who is very kind and supports me in my hectic life 100%, his 3 great kids and very supportive in-laws. I was blessed with a new job that I just adore and I've met many people I like to call friends from around the world.
I would also like to thanks my readers of this weblog for taking a few minutes out of your lives to read about mine and thank you for all the emails, comments etc. Some of you regular commentators I've never met, but some of you sure had me cracking up at times! Devon, Andy, John, Ricardo, Marcus etc. etc.
When 2009 was grown & gone,
In 2010 we partied on,
Although 2011 was really cool,
I think that 2012 will really rule!
I wish everyone a safe and great New Year. I myself am heading to the sun! Totally unplanned and last-minute, I am going Sranan (Suriname). i should be there in time to open the new year with my hubby. He bought me the ticket as a gift. I guess he couldn't bear opening the new year without me. I'm just sayin'! Micheline, shut up! ;-P
1 Comments:
Boy, you know me good, because I was already brewing a scaving comment in my head to put down, until I read the last sentence.
Anyways, I am surprised you are going because Remesh said he wanted you to come for the holidays but you said you couldn't due to it being busy at work, IPB'ing being impossible in this season and regular tickets were too expensive.
Enjoy yourself, have a great new year and be safe in all the ways. Remember Suriname is NOT Holland. We are in almost the same time zone, so I hope you will have your phone so I can WhatsApp you.
Love you!
(TO EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD HAVE A JOLLY NEW YEAR AND ALL THE BEST FOR 2012!)
Micheline
Post a Comment
<< Home