Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Take me home to the place I belong...

Today is one of those days I don't want to be anywhere else in the world but home. I'm sitting here completely alone at the airport in Vancouver YVR, sipping a Diet Coke and snacking on a cinamon bun from Cinnabon's, I take a look outside the window and I am not thinking of the 9 hour flight ahead of me, all I'm thinking about is home sweet home.
Photobucket

Posted via Blogger® for Android®

7 Comments:

Blogger LP said...

Safe trip, buddy.

10.11.11  
Blogger Traveller said...

Thnx. Just landed! The flt wasn't all that. I got 43E. The middle of the middle all the way 2 the back, near the toilets & galley. So as u can imagine I didn't sleep at all. Plus the crew was ugh!

We landed ahead of schedule on the Polderbaan, but with the taxi time, I'm not gaining much out of that. I should be at the gate around 10.30/35

I'm not seeing you online on WA or Ping. But in case you read this in ur email & u have the time, meet me at E9. I'll call you when we are on the blocks.

10.11.11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not too familiar with the Polderbaan, but have you ever tasked around New York's JFK for 1 hour before you can take off? Or waiting inline behind 23 planes at Chicago's O'Hare? What about departures during the morning peak at Atlanta's Hartsfield! :-(

Barry

11.11.11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By tasked, I meant taxied of course.

11.11.11  
Blogger TravelAndy2..... said...

On our return flight in june 2008 from JFK we had to wait 2 1/2 hour before our plane could take off because of a passing thunderstorm. All that time we had to taxi around JFK... first all the waiting planes in the sky had to land before all the waiting planes on the ground could take off....

13.11.11  
Blogger Traveller said...

OMG! I don't want to even think about things like that! Did you get a drink service in the mean time at least?

13.11.11  
Blogger TravelAndy2..... said...

Oh yeah! but during taxi & take off you must remain seated and you are not allowed to use the toilets but each time the plane had to wait it was rush hour at the toilets!

13.11.11  

Post a Comment

<< Home