# 15
Pfff, I am back from Amsterdam from a night out with the colleagues. We had dinner at a Taiwanese/Chinese restaurant Asiadam in Amsterdam and later had some drinks in a nearby café. The reason for this was because of the joining of the 15th airline into SkyTeam, namely China Airlines of Taiwan on September 28th. It's a tradition to celebrate such an event with co-workers. The way the things are going now, we have very strong and extensive coverage in Asia. SkyTeam now has China Airlines with its affiliate Mandarin Airlines, China Eastern with its affiliate Shanghai Airlines, China Southern, Korean Air and Vietnam Airlines. Next year Garuda Indonesia is set to join if the integration process goes according to plan and they meet the requirements. So no matter what your Asian destination, as SkyTeam carrier can get you there.
Our weak point is South-America and we are not completely sure how we are going to fill the gap as yet. We already have Aeromexico and Aerolineas Argentinas is set to join, but that is not enough. We had our eyes set on Brazil's TAM, but unfortunetly they went with Star Alliance. To be honest there is where Star and OneWorld kicks our @sses, because Star has Grupo TACA, Avianca, Copa and TAM. OneWorld is also well covered with LAN (LAN PerĂș, LAN Chile, LAN Ecuador & LAN Express) and Mexicana. we are betting on Brazil's Gol! We'll see how it goes.
Anyway the idea was to go out past Friday evening after work. But then our big boss Leo van Wijk had another appointment in Paris. On top of that, two of the four colleagues who actually worked on the China Airlines project, were offloaded in Bangkok during an intermediate stop from Taipei due to an oversold flight. So we had to postpone. When you look at the group, it looks like the United Nations with all the nationalities. LOL! Here are some official pictures by SkyTeam:

As per tradition at least on aircraft in the fleat will carry the SkyTeam logo
Leo van Wijk



Crew from all 15 member airlines
I was the designated driver for 3 colleagues living in The Hague, Vlaardingen en Rotterdam, so I kept it at Sprite. I had Rem's Mercedes with me, so I had to be extra careful. He's so particular about his beloved car! Ugh. I told him to marry the damn thing already! :-) But I'm home and now I'm gonna shower and head to bed.
Our weak point is South-America and we are not completely sure how we are going to fill the gap as yet. We already have Aeromexico and Aerolineas Argentinas is set to join, but that is not enough. We had our eyes set on Brazil's TAM, but unfortunetly they went with Star Alliance. To be honest there is where Star and OneWorld kicks our @sses, because Star has Grupo TACA, Avianca, Copa and TAM. OneWorld is also well covered with LAN (LAN PerĂș, LAN Chile, LAN Ecuador & LAN Express) and Mexicana. we are betting on Brazil's Gol! We'll see how it goes.
Anyway the idea was to go out past Friday evening after work. But then our big boss Leo van Wijk had another appointment in Paris. On top of that, two of the four colleagues who actually worked on the China Airlines project, were offloaded in Bangkok during an intermediate stop from Taipei due to an oversold flight. So we had to postpone. When you look at the group, it looks like the United Nations with all the nationalities. LOL! Here are some official pictures by SkyTeam:

As per tradition at least on aircraft in the fleat will carry the SkyTeam logo

Leo van Wijk



Crew from all 15 member airlines
I was the designated driver for 3 colleagues living in The Hague, Vlaardingen en Rotterdam, so I kept it at Sprite. I had Rem's Mercedes with me, so I had to be extra careful. He's so particular about his beloved car! Ugh. I told him to marry the damn thing already! :-) But I'm home and now I'm gonna shower and head to bed.
2 Comments:
Ni hao from Taipei! I am Hong Pin Wan and work in the baggage lost & found department for CI. I found yoor weblog on Google. YES, YES, we are now part of SkyTeam Alliance. You think KLM will start codesharing with CI from TPE? We now do everything for KL in TPE. KL people also use lounges at Taoyuan. Kool blog! Make more post of CI. I like.
Goodbye from Hong Ping!
China Airlines like Korean Air had aircraft crashing all over the place. Check Google and you'll see. I will NEVER EVER fly with that dangerous airline with poor safety records.
Mustafa Mahmoud
Post a Comment
<< Home