Let me rewind back to two weeks ago...
... before I headed to Tokyo. I didn't have time to post this blog at the time.
This was the time that my grandparents and JD had to go back home to Aruba after their 3 week vacation. It was bittersweet, because this would be the last time they will travel to Holland on vacation. This year they both will turn 80 and no insurance company will cover travel insurance for people their age. Dad's parents had their last vacation 3 years ago and now it was the turn of Mom's parents. It isn't as if we'll never see them again, but you know... it's different. But no matter how much I travel and no matter how many times I get to see my oma and opa, goodbyes remain a hard thing, as I posted many times before in the past.
My grandparents came to my house one last time. Mom had to drop JD off, because she was staying at my house, so we could take the night train to Schiphol at 04.00. That way they only had to take one car and save on time and money on fuel and parking fees at Schiphol. Rosalien (Rem's sister) made roti for me that day and dropped it off at my house, and oma, opa and JD wanted to have a taste. Needless to say there wasn't anything left for me! Ha, ha, ha! It was nice though... at 01.00 in the morning eating roti in my kitchen.

Yum!

Oma, opa, JD & me
After they left JD and me decided to watch TV. She didn't want to sleep, because she wanted to do that on the plane. 15 minutes into the movie, she was zzzzzzzzz, so that plan went down the drain!

JD on my sofa
At 03.30 we took the night bus to Rotterdam Centraal, bought train tickets and headed to Schiphol.

Buying tickets

Waiting for our train
Once at Schiphol we had our last Starbucks Coffee together.

JD

Last Starbucks in NL
My parents and grandparents arrived 30 minutes after and we headed to the kiosk and the baggage drop-off point and then to the Special Assistance Desk to wait for oma's wheelchair.

The BP's

At the DOP (drop-off point)
There we did some last minute small talk until it was time to say goodbye. No crying or anything... we don't do that anymore since we see each other multiple times a year. But before that... OMG. Drama at the airport, whether it be Amsterdam Schiphol or Aruba's Beatrix.



Our last minutes together...




Bye-bye!
After they went inside my parents left to go to work. I had breakfast with Lesley at Burger King and then headed to the Panorama Deck to watch the plane pushback and take-off on the Kaagbaan.

KLM's 747-400 (City of Bangkok) at F3

And then they left on a jetplane. Goodbye.
Then I was off to Amsterdam to get some stuff that I would need in Japan. I would be leaving the following day. But all-in-all it was a great vacation for my grandparents and JD. In the end, isn't that all what matters?
This was the time that my grandparents and JD had to go back home to Aruba after their 3 week vacation. It was bittersweet, because this would be the last time they will travel to Holland on vacation. This year they both will turn 80 and no insurance company will cover travel insurance for people their age. Dad's parents had their last vacation 3 years ago and now it was the turn of Mom's parents. It isn't as if we'll never see them again, but you know... it's different. But no matter how much I travel and no matter how many times I get to see my oma and opa, goodbyes remain a hard thing, as I posted many times before in the past.
My grandparents came to my house one last time. Mom had to drop JD off, because she was staying at my house, so we could take the night train to Schiphol at 04.00. That way they only had to take one car and save on time and money on fuel and parking fees at Schiphol. Rosalien (Rem's sister) made roti for me that day and dropped it off at my house, and oma, opa and JD wanted to have a taste. Needless to say there wasn't anything left for me! Ha, ha, ha! It was nice though... at 01.00 in the morning eating roti in my kitchen.

Yum!

Oma, opa, JD & me
After they left JD and me decided to watch TV. She didn't want to sleep, because she wanted to do that on the plane. 15 minutes into the movie, she was zzzzzzzzz, so that plan went down the drain!

JD on my sofa
At 03.30 we took the night bus to Rotterdam Centraal, bought train tickets and headed to Schiphol.

Buying tickets

Waiting for our train
Once at Schiphol we had our last Starbucks Coffee together.

JD

Last Starbucks in NL
My parents and grandparents arrived 30 minutes after and we headed to the kiosk and the baggage drop-off point and then to the Special Assistance Desk to wait for oma's wheelchair.

The BP's

At the DOP (drop-off point)
There we did some last minute small talk until it was time to say goodbye. No crying or anything... we don't do that anymore since we see each other multiple times a year. But before that... OMG. Drama at the airport, whether it be Amsterdam Schiphol or Aruba's Beatrix.



Our last minutes together...




Bye-bye!
After they went inside my parents left to go to work. I had breakfast with Lesley at Burger King and then headed to the Panorama Deck to watch the plane pushback and take-off on the Kaagbaan.

KLM's 747-400 (City of Bangkok) at F3

And then they left on a jetplane. Goodbye.
Then I was off to Amsterdam to get some stuff that I would need in Japan. I would be leaving the following day. But all-in-all it was a great vacation for my grandparents and JD. In the end, isn't that all what matters?
1 Comments:
Leuk man!
Post a Comment
<< Home