Friday, July 01, 2011

Milford Track

Local time: 17.49

I'm half-way through trekking the 53 kilometer Milford Track with a tour guide and 3 other tourists. The Milford Track is known as "The Finest Walk in the World" and I must say it is something to experience. And maybe, just maybe I'll lose some weight after all the food I've been eating lately! LOL!

Christchurch was amazingly fun with Richard and he did came through and got me my long awaited Frapuccino with extra whipping cream. He gave me a tour of the city with its highlights. I stayed only one night at Richie's home with his very nice family where we talked and laughed all night long! The next morning early it was time for me to move on to Queensland by bus where I went bungee jumping for the third time in my life! After Scheveningen and Barcelona I went off the Kawarau Bridge where bungee jumping actually started commercially. People come from all around the world to Queenstown just do do that! It was amazing and worth every cent of the NZ$ 150,- that I paid!

After Queenstown it was a short trip to Lake Te Anau where I started my Milford Track journey that will end at Milford Sound. This will also mark the end of my journey. I'll be travelling on my own more often after this trip and I will certainly be backpacking again. Don't get me wrong, I love luxury hotels and roomservice, but when I'm speaking to the backpackers all around me who are travelling on tight budgets or travelling and working at the same time, I remember what it's all about... it's not about how you get to your destination and with whom you fly and all the b*llsh!t that comes with that. What matters is what you see and experience at your destination of choice. What other reason would there be to travel to a foreign country if not to see and experience that country? Every once in a while it really hits me that I don’t have to experience the world in the way I have been told to. As St. Augustine once said: "The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page".

2 Comments:

Anonymous Vanity said...

Ik heb net naar je foto's zitten kijken op flickr en die foto's van bungy jumpen zijn gaaf man! Moest je daar nou extra voor betalen of is dat inclusief inbegrepen??????

1.7.11  
Blogger Traveller said...

Hi Van, het is allemaal inclusief. Je moet wel van te voren reserveren, want per dag worden er ongeveer 100+ jumps gedaan van 08.00 tot 18.00.

2.7.11  

Post a Comment

<< Home