I was back in Holland...
... and off to start my new job the next day. Man, was I tired! I underestimated the long flight and it was basically bad planning on my part by coming back so late.
Monday was my first day and that included a tour of the company and introductions to my new co-workers. They hailed from every corner of the world, representing all the airlines within SkyTeam. All nice and friendly. After lunch, I had to go to Schiphol to get a Schipholpas. Although I am not working in the airport itself, everyone who works on Schiphol's premises need a Schipholpas to identify themselves. The type of ID determines your access on Schiphol's premises. I had one when I worked at KLM/Delta, but I no longer have access behind passport control like before. What did surprise me however, is that Schiphol outsourced the ID departments to Securitas. Is everything being outsourced these days? Damn!
Tuesday I started to get acquainted with my work and the procedures etc. I am being trained by the Manager – Marketing & Customer Experience who is from Mexico City and comes from Aeroméxico. He liked that I could speak fluent Spanish, so that really broke the ice. But it's a challenge, I have to say. It's completely different than what I was accustomed to at KLM, but I have to stop making comparisons. This is not KLM, nor Delta. Well, that's what I thought until I came home yesterday to find a box from TNT Post waiting for me with... a KLM uniform and KLM/Samsonite bag! This is so stupid! I had to give in my KLM uniform just to get an identical new one 3 weeks later. Talk about waste of money! As a Coordinator – Marketing & Customer Experience there will be times that I have to go 'undercover' within an airline to get some data. Not undercover for employees of the airline, but rather the customer. Although when I think about it, no matter how good the uniform, I don't see how I can go undercover at an airline like Korean Air or China Southern. I would stick out like a sore thumb! Also I hope that I don't end up with 19 different airline uniforms, because I just don't have the closet space for that! Hahaha! No, seriously...!


Uniform and bag
Today was another intensive day of training. As nice as my Manager is, he's very demanding. I like that; it keeps me on my toes and challenged. It's been a while since I felt like that. I think SkyTeam will be a good fit for me.
Man, was I tired when I arrived home! Remesh and I ordered take-out at a Turkish restaurant... chicken köfte with couscous. Normally I eat beef köfte, but because my boyfriend is Hindu... well need I say more? So after I'm done with this post, I'm going to shower, have a cup of tea and hit the sack! Remesh is already sleeping...
Monday was my first day and that included a tour of the company and introductions to my new co-workers. They hailed from every corner of the world, representing all the airlines within SkyTeam. All nice and friendly. After lunch, I had to go to Schiphol to get a Schipholpas. Although I am not working in the airport itself, everyone who works on Schiphol's premises need a Schipholpas to identify themselves. The type of ID determines your access on Schiphol's premises. I had one when I worked at KLM/Delta, but I no longer have access behind passport control like before. What did surprise me however, is that Schiphol outsourced the ID departments to Securitas. Is everything being outsourced these days? Damn!
Tuesday I started to get acquainted with my work and the procedures etc. I am being trained by the Manager – Marketing & Customer Experience who is from Mexico City and comes from Aeroméxico. He liked that I could speak fluent Spanish, so that really broke the ice. But it's a challenge, I have to say. It's completely different than what I was accustomed to at KLM, but I have to stop making comparisons. This is not KLM, nor Delta. Well, that's what I thought until I came home yesterday to find a box from TNT Post waiting for me with... a KLM uniform and KLM/Samsonite bag! This is so stupid! I had to give in my KLM uniform just to get an identical new one 3 weeks later. Talk about waste of money! As a Coordinator – Marketing & Customer Experience there will be times that I have to go 'undercover' within an airline to get some data. Not undercover for employees of the airline, but rather the customer. Although when I think about it, no matter how good the uniform, I don't see how I can go undercover at an airline like Korean Air or China Southern. I would stick out like a sore thumb! Also I hope that I don't end up with 19 different airline uniforms, because I just don't have the closet space for that! Hahaha! No, seriously...!


Uniform and bag
Today was another intensive day of training. As nice as my Manager is, he's very demanding. I like that; it keeps me on my toes and challenged. It's been a while since I felt like that. I think SkyTeam will be a good fit for me.
Man, was I tired when I arrived home! Remesh and I ordered take-out at a Turkish restaurant... chicken köfte with couscous. Normally I eat beef köfte, but because my boyfriend is Hindu... well need I say more? So after I'm done with this post, I'm going to shower, have a cup of tea and hit the sack! Remesh is already sleeping...
2 Comments:
That skyteam woman on drugs. and about beef vs. chicken: I would tell remesh to close his eyes until I'm done eating :-P
Micheline
I love Pam Ann! She did that stint with British Airways as well. Love her!
Post a Comment
<< Home