Wednesday, July 20, 2011

5

My nephew turned 5 last Saturday and it was celebrated with a major party at my parents' home in Dordrecht. No expense was spared and we went all out for the little one. Here's a recap...
Photobucket
Oma and JD working on the cake boxes

Photobucket
Opa working on the decorations in the yard
Photobucket
Mandy, Junior & me going through the 'to do' list
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The spring cushion for the kids, which Mom had to test out :-)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The cake table
Photobucket
Dad
Photobucket
Oma & opa
Photobucket
Photobucket
The hired clown doing his thing
Photobucket
3 terrorists! Milan, Gil (cousin Monique's kid) and DJ (cousin Jennifer's kid)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Singing the 'Happy Birthday' song and cutting the cake
Photobucket
Cousin Michelle & cousin Jennifer
Photobucket
Cousin Monique & cousin Cintia
Photobucket
Monique & Michelle
Photobucket
JD & Milan
Photobucket
Junior & Mandy
Photobucket
Gil
Photobucket
Mom & son
Photobucket
JD, Mom & Rashid. rashid is some kind of fake Moroccon. He eats pork, only dates black women and speaks excellent Papiaments. He's been a long time friend of the family. And yes JD... I saw his eyes on you constantly!!! That's right... I did!


All in all it was a very fun party, but we were all exhausted when it was over.

Oma & opa are really enjoying themselves here in Holland despite the bad weather. JD is having a blast. She discovered the OV-chipkaart and how it works and she is all over the country visiting her friends that live here. The 9292 and NS Reisplanner apps on her BlackBerry makes her life so much easier. She finds her way around quite easy. Oh well... 2 more weeks to go and then they have to go back.

Remesh and his 3 kids are off to the Czech Republic. Prague to be exact. From what I gathered via the ping and WhatsApp messages from the kids, they are having a blast! Glad to hear it. Let's hope that when he's bcak, his hair has grown a few inches.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Me no like! Hey, at least I'm honest!

28 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your family seems like a fun bunch!!!!! Nice post!

rick

20.7.11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You no like? well me like. If you don't want him send him over to me. Indian men are so hot!!!!

20.7.11  
Anonymous Jason said...

I'm not here to cause trouble of any sorts and don't think i'm some kind of nutter like some commentators here, but I would like to ask you something though. I am a black gay man living in America (Jacksonville, FL) and I am proud of myself and heritage. I have a great man in my life and he's black. The way it should be. Why are you dating outside your race? Are you not proud of yourself? Are you ashamed of the black race? I've seen you talk about your Asisan ex-boyfriend and your current boyfriend is of East Indian descent? why are there no blacks involved?

I see your brother dating this white, blond girl as well. I don't think this is correct. Gay or straight people should stick to their own race. Whit, isn't always right. You think Asians and East Indians are waiting for a black man to join the family? They do not like blacks. especially Asian and East Indiand. white people (some) may tolerate a black man in the family, but more often they don't.

I think its ashame that you sold out to your own race. There are so many brothers out there that you can have a wonderful relationship with and yet you chose not to pursue that. You may want to rethink your position.

Congratulations on your 'white' nephew. I think he will grow up being confused about his identity. Tragic. Again this is all my opinion.

20.7.11  
Anonymous Monique said...

Bo ta yama mi yiu un terorista?! wak bo boca! Ik heb een heel lieve kind!!! Hahahaha!

20.7.11  
Anonymous Jason said...

I forgot to ask. Why is your father speaking the Dutch language to his grandson in the YouTube video? Doesn't he speak English or the local Aruba language ( I forgot the name) to him? Do you? Does your brother?

This is what I'm trying to say; does Milan even know what culture he's from? Or did you all decide to raise him white like his mother and adapt to all the white ways?

What about your background and culture? Isn't that important?

20.7.11  
Anonymous Jason said...

I do hope that JD doesn't fall for that Islamic guy.

20.7.11  
Anonymous Jeandrina said...

@ Jason: that wasn't going to happen anyway. I'm a lesbian. So wha-evah!

JD

20.7.11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! Hahahaha!!!! That was funny.


Micheline

20.7.11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Je hebt echt een hechte band met je familie. je schrijft altijd over je moeder, stief, broertje, neefje, schhonzus etc. Ik heb dat jammer genoeg niet. Ik woon een paar straten verder van sommige familieleden en we praten niet eens met elkaar. Jammer.

En luister alsjeblieft niet naar die Jason. dat is gewoon nonsens.

Groetjes,
Annemarie

20.7.11  
Anonymous Devon said...

Kort samengevat die Jason is gewoon die zielepoot "John".

@Jeandrina je bent stout hahaha....

@Remeshe ik geef RY gelijk, lang haar staat je beter...

@Jason MIND YOUR OWN DAMN BUSINESS YOU PRICK.

20.7.11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but I kinda agree with Jason on this topic. I find a lot of sisters date outside their race, while there are enough black men around who have a good job and are serious about relationships. Not all black guys are 'gansta's' and act like there are from the ghetto. I can stand to see black women date men of other races. It's just not right.

Now I am pretty openminded about this gay stuff, but i think it's your duty to set an example by dating a black man. i think you will find that a lot of prejudice you get from the black community relating to anti-gay issues will be much less.

G.K. / USA

20.7.11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh please G.K.! What about all those black men dating white women. especially those who had major succeses like movie & sport stars. I've heard this argument many times and let me just say that 99% of the time its one-sided.

Check your facts before you spew out these kinds of things. I'm half-white/half-black. So now tell me, whom am I supposed to date? Hell us people from the Caribbean are almost always mixed in some kind of way. I doubt you will find a pure descendant of our African ancestors who were slaves. Look at Ryan, he has a English (i.e. from England) last name. I have a 100% French last name. Both our families have white and black people. Our name isn't Mfoefoe or whatever. So whatever you are trying to sell here, this girl ain't buying. Please try again.

Micheline

20.7.11  
Blogger Traveller said...

Oh brother, this argument again. Look, I've dated every race and find men of every race attractive. I didn't go looking for Remesh first of all, he came after me. Also if I'm very hones I never would have given him a second look if he didn't. So it's suffice to say that it is his character I'm in love with. He is by no means ugly, but at the end of the day that is what I'm in love with. Also he can handle my outgoing crazy character.

Oma was born in Santo Domingo in La Republica Dominicana. Opa was born in Kingstown on the isle of Saint Vincent (Saint Vincent and the Grenadines). I can go in a whole lot of history, but to keep it short, opa's Dad is from London and was white with blond hair. He married a black woman from Grenada. Oma's Mom was from Lyon,, France and she married a black man from the Dominican Republic. All this happened in times when it was not socially acceptable to do so, but they were in love I guess. You have to remember the Caribbean islands are a mix of cultures due to the europeans settlers, Latin people, slaves from West Africa, workers from India and the local Carib and Arowak Indians.

Ugh, why bother.... I'm going to date who the hell I want. people who don't like... well too bad.

20.7.11  
Anonymous Liesbeth said...

De t-shirt van je pa is leuk. Ik weet wat Dushi betekent, maar die yiu???? Waar heeft hij die gekocht? Ik zie die stickers best wel vaak op auto's enzo.

Lies

20.7.11  
Anonymous Nicole said...

- Gefeliciteerd met je neefje, Ryan. Hij is zo schattig!

- Jason, this is 2011. Anyone can date who they want. As long as you yourself are happy. If you are happy dating only people within your own race then go for it. More power to you. No one is stopping you. Just be happy.

- Remesh, je ziet er goed uit met je kort koppie. Jij moet blij zijn met je haar lengte. Luister niet naar die neef van me. Hij kan soms irritant zijn. Ik ken hem heel mijn leven. Ryan, stop being a pain in the @ss.

- Lies, yiu betekent letterlijk 'kind' in het Papiamento. Maar zo is het niet bedoeld. Het is meer van 'lekker, joh'... Dushi Yiu. Inderdaad heel poulaire en dure merk op Aruba. Het begint ook aan te slaan bij de Nederlandse jeugd hier in Nederland. Terwijl de oudere generatie veel problemen hebben met het 'mixen' van de rassen, schijnt de jeugd er minder problemen mee te hebben. Als je de straattaal hoort, hoor je allerlei woorden in het Sranantongo, Papiaments en Marokkaans tussendoor. Dushi, waggie, patas, osso, ee-hee, conjo zijn woorden die ik dagelijks hoor hier in Amsterdam. en het is niet alleen iets van de grote steden, want op TV hoor ik die dingen ook vaker en vaker.

Tijden veranderen people. get used to it.

20.7.11  
Blogger LP said...

What Nicole is talking about reminds me of this Douwe Egberts commercial with the 2 gangsta grandma;s! LOL!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVl0KLsKfs4

20.7.11  
Blogger TravelAndy2..... said...

Why start the race issue, again?
You love a person for what She or He is and not because of the color of their skin! sounds familiar! Wright!
Martin Luther King! Another Wise Black man! And why is it that the most respected men in our world are Black? Because they do not or did not think in black ore white!

20.7.11  
Blogger LP said...

Agreed with the above! Well said!

20.7.11  
Anonymous Jason said...

Whi is everyone taking offense? As I stated from the very beginning, this was just MY opinion. If I may quote the scientist Johann Friedrich Blumenbach; 'Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix.'

I believe this. It's bad enough that your gay, but I do believe that people are born this way. But people make it worse by mixing the races.

And Ryan I do understand that maybe you are not 100% pure African blood anymore, but when you look in the mirrow i think you see a black person. You travel a lot and I see you talk about Europe, The Americas, Caribbean, Asia and even Australasia. Why haven't you visited Africa? West Africa to be specific. It's the motherland. Go and discover your routes. You may come back and see thing differently like I did.

And like a commentator posted above, I am not John @ Boston. I am Jason and have my own opinions and do not spew hatred like that John. As you can read, I do back-up, or at least try to, my arguments. And I do believe in what I say.

Jason

21.7.11  
Blogger TravelAndy2..... said...

Dear Jason,
I'm gay, from Dutch-Indonesian decent (mother Dutch and father Indonesian) & Darwinist. The Almigthy God also said all creatures are equal, beast or human, man or women, black or white, brown, yellow, red or bronze. Did you know the origin of man came from the African continent and from there the wandererd around the globe to prosper? The Almighty never said "you must stick to your own race" & Blumenbach never mentioned in his works that races should not mix!

21.7.11  
Anonymous Jason said...

Mr. TravelAndy2: you may say that your father is Indonesian, but the fact of the matter is that you are caucasian. You are white. So I guess it's hard for you to understand where I am coming from. I am not mad or anything, but you may never understand the underlying root of the problem when people of different races mix. gay or straight. I've read Blumenbach literatures and I'm going to give a direct quote: 'The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix.'

I don't know how many different ways one can read this. This was also echoed by a judge in Loving vs. State of Virginia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loving_v._Virginia).

I am not advocating hate or saying we should not get along, but when we are getting into romantic relationships, gay or straight, or especially when we are thinking of having children the races should not mix.

You cannot mix and dog with another in the biological world. Some end up with major defects. To keep the blood line pure, the races should not mix.

An interracial child is a confused child. If I look at Ryan's nephew with his pale colored skin and long straight hair, what is to become of such child? Will he know about his African roots? Will he see himself as black or white? And what about his kids? If he were to marry a white women a few years from now, he can create a white race again and the black in him will remain there as a human stain that he would not want to remember.

Sad. really sad.

21.7.11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Human stain? Wow! You're nuts!

Malacchi

21.7.11  
Blogger TravelAndy2..... said...

'The fact that HE (Who God, the Almighty?)separated the races shows that HE did not intend for the races to mix.'
And who are you trying to convice a Atheist? Don't think you will succeed!
I will not continue on this topic
because it is a lot of crap. Milan will grow up as a sane and happy child surrounded whith all the love of both families!

22.7.11  
Anonymous Jason said...

Lat's just agree to disagree. I have my opinions on this topic and you have yours and we aren't going to budge it seems. Like I stated in my very first reply; this is MY opinion.


Have a good day.

22.7.11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Remesh with short hair or long hair. Stop whining Ryan, what does it matter. he's yummie any which way. Yummie! I would soooo like to be with him.

What a waste that he plays for the other team. Maybe its temporary? I would so want do him. I have a thing for East Indian men. There is just something about them. An air of mystery. I think the right woman can turn him back. I doubt he is 100% gay. He has to be at least bisexual! If you look at the Kinsey scale hardly anyone is 100% of anything.

Post more pics of him!

Remesh: I have no idea what other way to get in contact with you, so send me an email to n22112010@googlemail.com!!!! Please do.

Bridget

25.7.11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTF?! Dat is toch geen stijl?

Micheline

25.7.11  
Anonymous Marlon said...

LOL @ Bridget. Sounding des-pe-rate! lol!

26.7.11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo!!! Komt er nog een blogke of niet. Het is bijna een week geweest! Kom nou!

26.7.11  

Post a Comment

<< Home