I just...
... pinged with Les who is about to leave Punta Cana PUJ to Amsterdam AMS. The vacation was so-so, because of heavy rains. And the rains this past week were indeed heavy. A KLM flight to St. Maarten SXM had to divert to Guadaloupe PTP, because SXM airport closed down. Oh well, you can't always have luck, now can you?
I myself have been very busy at work. The day-to-day activities has been taken over by J. who is doing an excellent job! She's a fast learner. While checking how much vacation days I have remaining it turned out I had more than expected, so i'll be stopping before I thought as KLM didn't want to pay me out the days. So Monday the 20th of June will be my last day at good ol' KLM. On the one hand it's sad to leave, but on the other I'm quite excited.
Maar voor de rest gaat alles zijn gangetje....
I myself have been very busy at work. The day-to-day activities has been taken over by J. who is doing an excellent job! She's a fast learner. While checking how much vacation days I have remaining it turned out I had more than expected, so i'll be stopping before I thought as KLM didn't want to pay me out the days. So Monday the 20th of June will be my last day at good ol' KLM. On the one hand it's sad to leave, but on the other I'm quite excited.
Maar voor de rest gaat alles zijn gangetje....
6 Comments:
That KLM is too damn cheap. But apparently that's the only way they are cheap, because ticket wise is a whole other story...
Micheline
LOL! Amen to that!
Amen to what, Ryan? When was the last time you paid for a regular ticket like us people??? 'Cause the only thing I hear from you is IPB this and IPB that. Come to me whan you pay for a ticket that isn't 95% discounted and we'll go to church and 'Amen' all you want. That's right, I said it.
Micheline
95%?!!!! Are you serious???!
Jake
@ Micheline: How does Anton even stand you. People who do not know you might think you are a mean biatch! LOL!
@ Jake: It's not exactly that. Years ago, we got something called ID50's, ID75's, ID90's, ID95's and ID00's. ID = Interline Discount. The number is the amount of discount you got from a ticket. The discount was from the highest price for a Economy Class ticket. So not a discount from the cheapest fare. 75% for parents, 90% for agents working for a third party ground handler or other airlines, 95% for direct employees and 100% one certain special flights. I only got a ID00 once and that was on a flight from Guayaquil to the Galapagos Islands and it was a surprise when the airline issued Ryan, Robin, Thomas, Britta and me the tickets. ID travel has now been discontinued at KLM and most other airlines.
Airlines now use ZED: Zonal Employee Discount. More info on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zonal_Employee_Discount
Les
ZED is much better that ID. As long as you can get the ZL fares that is...
Post a Comment
<< Home