It's been a while, I know. But I've been very busy with work and other stuff. I was helping Remesh do some small remodelling on his home as he is putting it up for sale. No... we are not moving in together, but it's way too big for one person who has his 3 kids every other weekend. So let's hope it sells. Especially the way banks are with extending mortgages nowadays.
At work everything is in full swing. Summer schedule has begon the ending of March, so we are in high season. Especially now with the May vacation. I had to travel to Atlanta 2 weeks ago for a refresher course on Transportation of Dangerous Articles and Dealing with Aggression, but I decided to postpone it, because it was way to busy here in Amstelveen and Schiphol Airport.
Yesterday evening, Remesh's nephew Ray and niece Shandia both turned 19. They are twins from his eldest sister. So I was there for a while to celebrate. Today I saw them again at the airport, because they were going on vacation to Suriname. Remesh as well. Most of the family is already in Paramaribo on holiday and to play football. That's the main reason Rem is going. They wanted me to go as well, but I had no money to pay for a full-fare ticket and I have little off-days. IPB'ing on KLM to Paramaribo PBM is just craziness. If you get stuck there, there is no other way out of the country. We do not have an IPB agreement with SLM (Surinam Airways) and both KLM and SLM flights are always full with VFR passengers (Visiting Friends & Relatives). Aviation wise that country is very isolated. Aruba AUA for instance has means of escape via the USA, Curaçao CUR, Bonaire BON, Caracas CCS etc. etc. And Remesh bought the cheapest ticket at €1015,- on SLM. KLM was much more expensive! So, this trip was not meant for me.

My in-laws with Ray & Shandia



Ray & Shandia
I went to the airport during my break and said goodbye to everyone. They will be gone for 2½ weeks. I'll sure miss them! After that, I headed back to work and checked out the flight departure on radar online. It's fun to watch!

PY 993 AMS-PBM (Click to enlarge)
Tomorrow it's Queen's Birthday and it's a national/bank holiday in Holland. I don't have definite plans as yet. My brother is in Mexico for work, Mom is in Washington D.C. for work and Dad is in Geneva for work. Lesley and Joanie are going to Düsseldorf for a fun weekend, Robin is in-flight to Toronto as I'm typing this.... sooooo..... yeah.... does anyone want to cook for me tomorrow??? Just askin'....
Anyway I wish everyone in The Netherlands a 'gelukkig koninginnedag' and please be safe! Have a great one!
At work everything is in full swing. Summer schedule has begon the ending of March, so we are in high season. Especially now with the May vacation. I had to travel to Atlanta 2 weeks ago for a refresher course on Transportation of Dangerous Articles and Dealing with Aggression, but I decided to postpone it, because it was way to busy here in Amstelveen and Schiphol Airport.
Yesterday evening, Remesh's nephew Ray and niece Shandia both turned 19. They are twins from his eldest sister. So I was there for a while to celebrate. Today I saw them again at the airport, because they were going on vacation to Suriname. Remesh as well. Most of the family is already in Paramaribo on holiday and to play football. That's the main reason Rem is going. They wanted me to go as well, but I had no money to pay for a full-fare ticket and I have little off-days. IPB'ing on KLM to Paramaribo PBM is just craziness. If you get stuck there, there is no other way out of the country. We do not have an IPB agreement with SLM (Surinam Airways) and both KLM and SLM flights are always full with VFR passengers (Visiting Friends & Relatives). Aviation wise that country is very isolated. Aruba AUA for instance has means of escape via the USA, Curaçao CUR, Bonaire BON, Caracas CCS etc. etc. And Remesh bought the cheapest ticket at €1015,- on SLM. KLM was much more expensive! So, this trip was not meant for me.

My in-laws with Ray & Shandia



Ray & Shandia
I went to the airport during my break and said goodbye to everyone. They will be gone for 2½ weeks. I'll sure miss them! After that, I headed back to work and checked out the flight departure on radar online. It's fun to watch!

PY 993 AMS-PBM (Click to enlarge)
Tomorrow it's Queen's Birthday and it's a national/bank holiday in Holland. I don't have definite plans as yet. My brother is in Mexico for work, Mom is in Washington D.C. for work and Dad is in Geneva for work. Lesley and Joanie are going to Düsseldorf for a fun weekend, Robin is in-flight to Toronto as I'm typing this.... sooooo..... yeah.... does anyone want to cook for me tomorrow??? Just askin'....
Anyway I wish everyone in The Netherlands a 'gelukkig koninginnedag' and please be safe! Have a great one!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home