Sunday, March 20, 2011

Holi

Yesterday I was at my parents' in Dordrecht to help Dad put down a new laminate flooring. He asked me to help him move the furniture. They are doing a complete remodel of the house. You know although I am a mama's boy at heart, my Dad is one of the best Dad´s around and he's done a lot for me. Although he is officially my stepfather, I consider him my Dad, since he raised me from the age of 6 months. Even when I came out of the closet, he has always been on my side and I love him a lot!

Now my Dad is a TV freak and has a top-of-the-line sattelite system that gives him acces to more than a thousand stations from around the world. Even HD and 3D channels. About five years ago, I bought him a 32 inch Sony LCD television as a gift, but I thought it was time for an upgrade. So while my Mom and him were vacationing in Aruba, I went out and bought him a 47 inch LG LED/3D TV. Bigger & better! I got the guys from Media Markt to set it up on a brace against the wall and everything. So when he walked in the house, he was in total shock to see his new toy! He was in tears! My Dad..... :-)
Photobucket

Photobucket
New TV

So anyway after an early start yesterday morning, we got almost 90% of the work done by 16.00.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Dad doing his handyman thing.

I had dinner with my parents and then headed to Papendrecht to spend the evening at my boyfriend's family to start Phagwah. You know... the Holi festivities. Because today it's officially Holi; a spring religious festival celebrated by Hindus around the world. Holi is a combination spring and new year feast and it's very colorful to say the least. Especially in The Hague where there is a big Hindu community it's celebrated to the max!
Photobucket
Remesh & his niece Mahdvi
Photobucket
Rem with Dino and Rosalien in the background
Photobucket
Dino, Johan & Rem
Photobucket
Remesh at Phagwah last night opening my gift to him.

My boyfriend's family will celebrate it more quietly by having dinner at Rosalien's home. But when I say dinner, I mean there will be ton's of food! Those people do not make any jokes! Hahaha! But whom am I to talk. When we have parties, the amount of food is certainly no joke either.

My brother is enjoying his last days on Aruba, as tomorrow he is leaving and will arrive on Tuesday. Pity, really. I was just getting accustommed to driving around in a BMWW. I think it's time for me to start looking for a car now. The summer is coming and I need a convertible. No tiny Mini Cooper this time. A car with power under the hood... vroom, vroom! OMG, I think Rem and my brother-in-laws are rubbing off on me! Or maybe a motorcycle. I have my motorcycle licence since 2005. I did it together with my Dad and Junior. But I never really got into it. It was more for fun. But Rem's cousin Asheesh is a motor and car freak. I think I'll need to talk to him. Je weet toch, Ash????
Photobucket

Photobucket
Ash in Brugge with his brandnew car. Looking good, Ash!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Since I've known Ash, he had a different bike almost every year! You know, I don't like people that show off. Ugh!

Tomorrow the headache will continue at work. As soon as one thing is under control, the other rears its ugly head. Now that the situation to Japan is somewhat workable, Libya and Bahrain is causing trouble. Oh well, I guess it comes with the territory. We'll see how it goes. There's only so much once can do, no? For now, I'm going to enjoy Holi. Holi is a time to reach out with the colors of joy. It is the time to love and forgive. It is the time expresses the happiness of being loved and to be loved through colors. So please, let the colors of Holi spread the message of peace and happiness. Subh Holi... Happy Holi!
Photobucket

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anuradha said...

Remesh needs a haircut. What's that? Dat ben ik niet van je gewend, Remesh!

20.3.11  
Anonymous Asheesh said...

Ryantje! Wat voor leugens zit je nou over me te vertellen! Ik ben geen opschepper! tsk, tsk! Geloof er maar niets van, lezers! Allemaal zwaar overdreven.

Maar ikwil jou wel eens op een motor zien. Kom eens een keer langs bij ons. Je moet je eigenlijk schamen. Ik heb je niet meer gezien sinds je die Lonely Planet gids kwam ophalen voordat Remy & jij naar India gingen.

Jij of jullie allebei moeten langkomen. Ik laat Sharda wel roti maken. Subh Holi!

20.3.11  
Anonymous Dinish (of Dino zoals Ryan me noemt) said...

Jij op een motor, Ry??? Dat wil ik wel eens zien. Ik wist niet eens dat jij je motorrijbewijs had, joh!

Maar nee, een vent als jij hoort in een grote waggie te rijden. Niks Mini Cooper! Maar goed, ik zie je wel van de week.

21.3.11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He talks the talk, but let's see if he can walk the walk. When push comes to shove, Remesh will not allow him to ride a motorbike. Maybe a scooter, but no motorbike.

And Remesh, what's up with that hair of yours lately. Planning to grow it out long?? Or is a haircut overdue?

Micheline

21.3.11  

Post a Comment

<< Home