Monday, February 28, 2011

Quick update

My trip to Atlanta went well. I met with Mr. Guttenberg on Thursday afternoon at the Delta headquarters. He did my evaluation and he was more than satisfied with my job performance. I however did express my doubt about staying in the Delta team and he was flabbergasted. He didn't expect that at all!

I made it clear that I was on loan for a period and that I intended to finish my contractual obligations with Delta, but that at the end of the day I was a KLM-er. I also told him that if needed I was willing to stay longer with Delta to train a replacement. He didn't want to hear none of it! He wanted me to stay on board with them. We talked for almost 3 hours and we reached an agreement.

I would stay at least one more year with Delta and if by the end of the term in 2012 I still wanted to end the agreement, I was free to leave the team. He also increased my fringe benefits concerning IPB travel. Right now I can travel unlimited on Delta and its partners with Y/J priority. This means that I have to check-in in Economy Class first and if that is full, I can be upgraded to BusinessElite. I have the same priority with KLM. There it is called M/C priority and it's based on the number of years working with the company and your PSN (Priority Serial Number). Starting on April 1st, I will get a higher PSN at Delta and will have J/Y priority. So when travelling IPB, I can check-in directly in BusinessElite and if that's full I can get a regular Economy seat. This also goes for my parents, brother and the people who receive the 10 Buddy Passes I get every year.

So it's more attractive for me to buy a Delta ticket, even when travelling on KLM. I will also get a slight supplement to my regular KLM salary. It's nice to know you are appreciated. KLM could take a lesson from that. Sorry, it just has to be said. After all was done, I signed my contract and headed back to the hotel. It was too late to fly back to Holland, so the next day I took Air France to Paris CDG/Amsterdam AMS as I previously mentioned.

Rem picked me up at Schiphol. That morning some of his family member left for Suriname on vacation and he was there to say goodbye. Although I was coming in almost 5 hours after they left, he went into Amsterdam to do some shopping to kill some time. He and his kids are going to Paramaribo PBM tomorrow for a week. It's vacation for the kids and the tickets were cheap with the 'Wereld Deal Weken'. And I'm also heading to the sun tomorrow with Les. Can't wait! My brother-in-law, Mon, emailed me some pics to rub it in. :-)
Photobucket
Asha (Mon's wife), Mon and Dinish @ Zanderij
Photobucket
Asha, Anand & Dinish @ Johan Pengel (Zanderij) Inter'l Airport

Yesterday there was also a small birthday celebration for Rem's youngest son, Arsh. Just a family gathering at his home in Papendrecht. I didn't stay long, because I was too tired and wanted my bed.
Photobucket
Arsh & Rem

Now I'm just getting some work done and then I'll be having lunch with Lesley at Schiphol and then head home early. Ciao, my friends!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, Business Class for me. Finally you are some use to me, my best friend Ryan. I wanna go to New York in May. Regel jij het even?

Joh(anna)

28.2.11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, well, well. who the hell invited you Anna? Ryan said Buddy Passes, not Bitchy Passes. Sorry that you misread. So good luck with that New York thing. I heard Biman Bangladesh has cheap New York flights. You should give them a try ;-) Ik kan dat ook wel voor je regelen hoor.

Micheline

28.2.11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MICHELINE! JE BENT TE ERG VOOR WOORDEN! HAHAHAHA! hET IS MAAR GOED DAT IK WEET VAN WIE HET KOMT!

HOE IS HET ME ANTON & ANTON JR.??? EN JE BROER, MARLON? WE MOETEN GAUW WAT AFSPREKEN.

XXXX. ANNA

28.2.11  
Blogger Traveller said...

OMG! Biman Bangladesh Airlines! where the hell you got that name?? In my days at Ground Services, we used to rebook passengers on that airline when the JFK flights was oversold or cancelled. They flew from Brussels to New York.

Micheline having that baby didn't change you a bit!

That's a good thing!!! LOL!

28.2.11  
Blogger LP said...

Micheline got that name, because she herself was a victim of overbooking a few years back. At JFK they put her on BI to BRU on there tired old DC-10's. A bunch of Bangladeshi people continuing to Dhaka. I forgot all about that untill now. Ha, ha, ha!

LP

28.2.11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, exactly. The whole flight I was smelling curry. No offence, but nah. Dat kan toch niet???!!!

This woman next to Marlon and me was tjirping the whole flight in her language. when we got out in Brussels she was surprised that it was my final destination. I was thinking to myself 'does it look like I am heading anywhere near Bangladesh??!'


Northwest/KLM ripped me off with that shit!

Micheline

28.2.11  

Post a Comment

<< Home