Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy 2011

Talk about an hangover! OMG! Way too much Prosecco! I woke up about an hour ago, with an incredible thirst and headache. I had a cup of coffee and some Paracetamol and I'm feeling okay now. I did something last night, that I didn't do in a long time... I went clubbing. It was great! But nothing I will do too often though!

I was at my parents' house yesterday for dinner and was playing with my nephew for a while, before I headed home to close off the old year.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Milan/Spiderman & me

Rem and I opened the new year on the foot of the Erasmusbrug, which is just a short walk from my apartment. After that we went to Maassilo, where we danced the night away. Around 05.00, we walked it back to my apartment (15 minutes). First I called my family in Aruba and Rem his in Suriname, who had just opened the new year there. After a shower went straight to bed until the phone woke me with someone from work. I am off, but I was on call.
Photobucket
Erasmusbrug Rotterdam

Rem left about 10 minutes ago to pick up his kids. He has them for the week. I myself am going to take it easy today. I might do some washing and some small household stuff, but then I will relax on the sofa and watch some of my series. Rosalien (Rem's sister) invited me to dinner later, but I'm not sure I will be going. I also have a New Year's dinner at Lesley's tomorrow. I have to attend that dinner, because I promised Silwen (Les' cousin who flies for Ryanair and when not living in Charlerloi/Belgium is in Schiedam) a lift to Hoofddorp. Since I sold my car a few months back, I've been driving in Rem's Mercedes, but I do have to look for one again. You see, in Rotterdam the public transport is far more convenient than a car. It's faster and less hassle with traffic jams and high parking fees. I also own a bike and a Vespa. And my employer pays for the train/bus to work. So having a car is not an issue. When in need of a car, I borrow from Mom or Dad and sometimes from Junior or Rem. Mostly from Mom, because she drives a Peugeot 206 and I like small cars. Dad and Junior both drive BMW's and Rem a Mercedes, which is a little too much for me.

Around the end of the month, I'll start looking for something to replace my Mini Cooper that I sold. We'll see.

Be always at war with your vices,
at peace with your neighbors,
and let each new year find you a better person in yourself.

So for all that you are,
And all that you do,
May all the good things in 2011,
Come to you.

Happy New Year everyone! Let's make this a great and peaceful year.

Love, Ryan

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

De beste wenesen voor 2011.

Wim

1.1.11  
Blogger TravelAndy2..... said...

Happy New year to you & all of family and friends.

2.1.11  
Blogger Traveller said...

Dank je Andy. Happy New Year to you, your family and friends as well.

Ry

3.1.11  
Anonymous Devon said...

Ben je weer verdwenen???

20.1.11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's obvious. Remesh and him broke up. Some man came between them and stole one of them away. Now he is too ashamed to come on the blog and post about it. I hate to say i told you so. But I did. WARNING TO EVERYONE IN A RELATIONSHIP: ALWAYS KEEP ONE EYE ON YOUR MAN OR WOMAN. THEY ARE THIEVES OUT THERE TRYING TO WRECK YOUR RELATIONSHIP AND STEAL YOUR PARTNER FROM YOU!!! BELIEVE ME, I KNOW!!!!


DON'T WORRY RYAN AND/OR REMESH, YOU WILL FIND SOMEONE ELSE. I AM SURE OF THIS.

John
Boston, MA

22.1.11  
Anonymous Jeandrina said...

@ John: Seriously?! WTF?

22.1.11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ John from Boston I can recomend you to the Labome Org. they are specialized in treating people like you.
either Ryan is very busy or he's on Aruba for Carnaval
Andy

22.1.11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ John: why doesnt someone just steal you. Please! Anyone???

Lol @ Andy.

Micheline

23.1.11  

Post a Comment

<< Home