Friday, December 31, 2010

What do you want to do before you die?

So here we are at the end of yet another year. It was a year of ups- and downs, but I have a lot to be thankful for. My brother beat cancer, I have a job that I truly love, my parents and family are generally in good health, I have a partner that I love and that I know loves me back. I've got some of the greatest friends in the world. Some I see and talk to daily and others only every once in a while. But when we do, we just pick up where we left.... right Darrell?

In my blogging world I have great contacts with people from around the world on almost all continents! Any readers from Antartica??? I don't know much about their backgrounds or their perosnal lives, but each has touched me in some kind of way. Some leave comments and some email me. We have Eric from Salt Lake City, good ol' Devon who has been here for years, Andy with whom I've been communicating with for a long time already, Chris all the way from Melbourne, Ming Lei from Hong Kong, Antonio from Florence, Paola from Belo Horizonte, Carlos-Andres from Lima and so the list goes on and on. Some of you I may met in real life and others not. Doesn't matter though... the internet really brings people closer than ever before.

2011 is around the corner and many people will make New Year resolutions. Most people fail. I don't make them anymore. I just try to do at least one thing off of my bucket list. A bucket list is a list of things you want to do before you die. They can be small or big, it's up to you. In 2006 I went absailing from the Euromast, in 2007 I went bungy jumping, in 2008 I visited Macchu Picchu in Peru, in 2009 I finally made peace with my friend Marc in Aruba over a fight we had 8 years ago about something stupid and in 2010 I went skydiving. You ahve your real life and your buried life. You buried life are the things in your life that you deep down really want to do. Things that maybe you only know about. There is a show on MTV that I'm obsessed with that showcases it. It's appropriately called The Burried Life

Everyone has a bucket list. As we enter the new year maybe you should think about doing something that's on your list. It doesn't have to be grand... just 'something'.

But often, in the world's most crowded streets,
But often, in the din of strife,
There rises an unspeakable desire
After the knowledge of our buried life
Matthew Arnold

But before all of that, I am going to party like there's no tomorrow at the Erasmusbrug with Rem and friends. Here is to 2011. Be safe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home