Les' dinner
I just came back from Hoofddorp. Dinner at Les' was fun. Turkey... again, but it tasted good. Now I need to go on a immediate diet. Maybe I should just join the gym again! Thank goodness it doesn't bother Rem one bit!
I went to sleep at 04.00 in the morning and Mom waked Michelle & me around noon. We had a quick sandwich and took the Intercity to Schiphol from Dordrecht. I was to take my car and drop Rem off at Schiphol for his flight to London, but he ended up taking a flight from Rotterdam Airport to London City instead. Thank goodness for that. It meant I could sleep out, leave the car at home and have a drink or two (or three, four, five...) at Lesley's dinner.
Michelle and me took the Intercity to Schiphol/Amsterdam Centraal. I was to come off at Schiphol and take a bus to Hoofddorp and Michelle was to continue to Amsterdam and take the metro to her apartment. But when the train arrived at Rotterdam Centraal we were told that it would be cancelled due to weather conditions. This damn NS. I'm sick of them!!!!!
So while sorting out which train to take next, a friend of mine working at NS told me that Fyra was available for the normal price until January 2nd, due to the weather conditions. But they were not advertising it at the train station, but only on the internet after searching forver. WTF?! So while a bunch of people were waiting on platform 12 for the next IC to Amsterdam, Michelle and I left from platform 11 on a practically empty Fyra (5 people) to Schiphol/Amsterdam. How is that for service?
But anyway at least I had fun and had tons of laughs with my friends. Now I'm gonna give Rem a call in his hotel and then it's off to bed. I have a meeting tomorrow afternoon in Enschede. And to get there, I have to go with NS. Sigh....
I went to sleep at 04.00 in the morning and Mom waked Michelle & me around noon. We had a quick sandwich and took the Intercity to Schiphol from Dordrecht. I was to take my car and drop Rem off at Schiphol for his flight to London, but he ended up taking a flight from Rotterdam Airport to London City instead. Thank goodness for that. It meant I could sleep out, leave the car at home and have a drink or two (or three, four, five...) at Lesley's dinner.
Michelle and me took the Intercity to Schiphol/Amsterdam Centraal. I was to come off at Schiphol and take a bus to Hoofddorp and Michelle was to continue to Amsterdam and take the metro to her apartment. But when the train arrived at Rotterdam Centraal we were told that it would be cancelled due to weather conditions. This damn NS. I'm sick of them!!!!!
So while sorting out which train to take next, a friend of mine working at NS told me that Fyra was available for the normal price until January 2nd, due to the weather conditions. But they were not advertising it at the train station, but only on the internet after searching forver. WTF?! So while a bunch of people were waiting on platform 12 for the next IC to Amsterdam, Michelle and I left from platform 11 on a practically empty Fyra (5 people) to Schiphol/Amsterdam. How is that for service?
But anyway at least I had fun and had tons of laughs with my friends. Now I'm gonna give Rem a call in his hotel and then it's off to bed. I have a meeting tomorrow afternoon in Enschede. And to get there, I have to go with NS. Sigh....
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home