Friday, November 26, 2010

It was a little hectic...

... but we finally made it to Schiphol. I'm not sure what was going on, but all I know that there was some sort of fire in a train in the Schipholtunnel that resulted in all train traffic being halted completely. We were already on Fyra, so they stopped at Hoofddorp. At Hoofddorp there was a constant bus service to Schiphol but we decided to just take a cab. We checked-in online last night already, so we just had to drop our bags off at the drop-off point. While we were doing online check-in, we selected seat 29AB. That is a window and middle seat. Emirates lay-out on the 777 is 3-4-3. But after the Service Agent at check-in told us that we were upgraded to Business Class and that our new seats would be 8AB... window and aisle. Needless to say we were shocked. I asked why we were upgraded, but she didn't know. Later as we were sitting in Starbucks it became all to clear... I got a text from Lesley asking me if we got our upgrades.  Ha, ha, ha! That boy has connections all over the place. Last time we travelled to New York JFK on British Airways in Club World and now this! Thanks buddy! Much appreciated!

As I am writing this post, I'm on a PC in the Servisair Lounge awaiting boarding for our flight to Dubai DXB.

In DXB we have a 3 hour layover before continuing to India. We will arrive there at 08.00 local time if all goes well. We aren't travelling with our laptops, but going on a tip I got from a reader in Norway, we bought international SIM-cards. Roaming is very expensive and it seems this is a cheaper option and more convenient than buying local SIM-cards. I'll let you know how that pans out. So any posts will be done by mobile phone. But as this is Remesh's trip, I guess he will write most posts from his point of view. We'll see. I'm stopping now. Boarding time is near and I still want to get one last coffee at you know where. 




We are off to the ultimate traveller's destination... Incredible India. Whoo!

19 Comments:

Anonymous Asheesh said...

Ik wens jullie allebei een goede reis toe. Geniet ervan! India is gewoon tof. Zoveel dingen te zien, zoveel te doen, zoveel te eten. En de mensen komen soms opdringerig over, maar ze zijn heel erg warm en dat merk je.

Aan een ieder die naar India wil reizen, raad ik het aan. Maar ga wel met een 'open mind'. Spectaculair gewoon!

Asheesh

26.11.10  
Blogger Pamela said...

Safe flight sons. Enjoy it. You only turn 40 once. And remember; BOTTLED WATER ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!

Pam

26.11.10  
Anonymous Dinish B. said...

Geniet ervan broertje! En jij ook zwagertje van me! India is geweldig. Misschien ben ik een beetje bevooroordeeld, omdat het deels mijn cultuur is, maar toch!

India is een land met meer dan een miljard inwoners met vele culturen. De bevolking van Zuid-India ziet er heel anders uit dan hun noordelijke landgenoten. Het zuiden van India is minder druk en de mensen zijn er minder opdringerig. De sfeer is hierdoor meestal een stuk meer ontspannen dan in het noorden. Dus het zal wel goed komen. Ook als jullie niets posten, moeten jullie wel af en toe mailen of SMS-en om ons te laten weten hoe het gaat. Je weet hoe Mai en bai zijn!

Groetjes!

Dino

26.11.10  
Blogger LP said...

Saw you guys take-off from the Buitenveldertbaan. Safe flight, happy landings.

Les

26.11.10  
Anonymous Devon said...

Safe flight Ry and Remesh... Have fun in the sun!!!!!

Lesley ben jij dat op de foto??? OMG! U remind me off 5 december wuahahahaha

oeps

Devon

26.11.10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean zwarte piet?? Whichpicture? Where??? Show me!! I want a good laugh at the expense of Lesley as well!

Micheline

26.11.10  
Anonymous Junior said...

.... no comment.... :-D

26.11.10  
Anonymous Junior said...

BTW, you & Remmy have a great trip, bro. Make sure you guys don't get the diarrhoea! Because then the only place you will be trekking is to the toilets.

26.11.10  
Blogger LP said...

Well thank you for thinking my Buddypoke image looks like Zwarte Piet, Devon, Jun-jun and Micheline! Hahahahahaha! Pas op, because I'll be coming for you guys with my roe. Be warned!!!

Les

27.11.10  
Blogger Traveller said...

:-D

27.11.10  
Blogger TravelAndy2..... said...

Have fun in Incredible India you guys & listen to your mother only drink bottled water & eat well cooked meals. It cost me the last week of our holiday in 2001. I was running up and down from the pool tot the toilet.

27.11.10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ Pam & Travelandy2: tell me about it. I had to learn it the hard way...

Cees Dongen

27.11.10  
Anonymous Indirah said...

ॐ पूर्णमदः पूर्णमिदम् पूर्णात् पूर्णमुदच्यते
पूर्णस्य पूर्णमादाय पूर्णमेवावशिष्यते
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः

oṃ pūrṇamadaḥ pūrṇamidam pūrṇāt pūrṇamudacyate
pūrṇasya pūrṇamādāya pūrṇamevāvaśiṣyate
oṃ śāntiḥ śāntiḥ śāntiḥ

27.11.10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTF! Obeah!

Micheline

27.11.10  
Anonymous Indirah said...

@ Micheline: ik weet niet wat obeah betekent, maar het is de Shantie Mantra (Peace Mantra). Ik wens hun in principe een goede, veilige reis toe.

Indirah

27.11.10  
Blogger LP said...

@ Micheline: you are terrible!!!!

@ everyone: Obeah is a type of voodoo that is practised on some Caribean islands.

@ Andy: LMAO!!!! Hahahaha!!! Sorry... but the way you said it!

27.11.10  
Blogger Remesh said...

Hoi iedereen! Thanks for the well-wishes!

We are in the business center of the hotel making hotel arrangements for our next stop which we decided should be Goa. It wasn't in the planning, but I wanted to show Ryan this great place. Today was great. The heat is tremendous, but doable. We saw a lot!

Anyway thanks again!

Remesh

27.11.10  
Anonymous Devon said...

@ Michelineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee you are a pain in the neckkk hahahaha OMG! Lol

28.11.10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? what did I do????? [innocent]

Micheline

28.11.10  

Post a Comment

<< Home