Subh Diwali
Today is Deepavali... commonly known as Diwali, Divali or the festival of lights. It celebrates the victory of good over evil; the uplifting of spiritual darkness. It is a religious day observed by Hindus, Jains and Sikhs and it is a national holiday in India, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Mauritius, Guyana, Trinidad & Tobago, Suriname, Malaysia, Singapore and Fiji. It is celebrated by decorating homes with lights, fireworks and distributing sweets and gifts.
As Remesh is Hindu, I try to participate in many things partaining to his culture and this is an important one. It's a combination of Christmas and New Year in one. Thankfully Remesh's family is a very warm and welcoming one.
For this day I will light a diya in my apartment and later on I will head to Papendrecht for a feast with music and lots of food. So may the light of the lamps of Diwali enlighten your soul. For those who celebrate it; Happy Diwali... Subh Divali!
As Remesh is Hindu, I try to participate in many things partaining to his culture and this is an important one. It's a combination of Christmas and New Year in one. Thankfully Remesh's family is a very warm and welcoming one.
For this day I will light a diya in my apartment and later on I will head to Papendrecht for a feast with music and lots of food. So may the light of the lamps of Diwali enlighten your soul. For those who celebrate it; Happy Diwali... Subh Divali!
<< Home