Thursday, November 25, 2010

Hectic few days!

There's a lot going on behind the scenes at Air France-KLM & Delta. KLM is starting new destinations; Havana, Aalborg, Xiamen, Miami... to name a few. Air France is opening up some new African destinations and Delta is also expanding. KLM has leased a few Airbus A330-300 to replace some of the MD-11's which will be faced out by 2014. By that time the planes will be about 20 years old and the D-check that is usualy done by TAECO in Xiamen, China is not worth the cost.

It is also almost certain that Delta will start offering an Economy Plus product on its transatlantic flights to keep in line with KLM's Comfort Class and Air France's Premium Voyageur. Premium Economy products are quite popular nowadays. But I'll go more deep into that subject another time. But every change means a meeting... a workshop... a brainstorm session...! But it comes with the job.

This afternoon after work I stopped off at Den Haag HS to stop by Remesh's cousin (Ash) who offered me a Lonely Planet Guide for South India. I was happy with it... one less thing to buy!
Photobucket
Lonely Planet guide for South India

His wife Sharda asked me to stay for dinner and when I heard we were eating roti, of course I couldn't refuse! Yummy! After a delicious meal, I headed home.

My bags are already packed. As we are backpacking, we have to travel light, so there wasn't much to pack. Although this is Remesh's birthday trip, I myself am really looking forward to it. Remesh himself is like little kid; he tries to play it cool, but I see what's going on! He is sooo looking forward to the trip.
You know whom I admire a lot? This dude called Matt Harding. Check out his video on YouTube!

Where In The Hell is Matt?

Isn't that great???!!! That video always reminds me, why I love to travel. I wrote a piece about it in a previous post called 'The art of travel'. Travel is just awesome!

Good night!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Jeandrina said...

Remesh is on the cover! Wow! LOL!!!!

Groetjes uit Aruba neefje!

JD

26.11.10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that Matt Harding on CNN some time ago! I love his vids! Inspirational.

Joan

26.11.10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisse & Amsterdam were also in it! So is India. Love the colors of the India scene!

Nilgün

26.11.10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL @ JD!

26.11.10  
Anonymous Fonso said...

Soweto in the house. That's where I grew up. And though it was ridden with poverty, I had a happy childhood. South Africa... always in my heart.

Fonso
London
United Kingdom

26.11.10  

Post a Comment

<< Home