Thursday, November 18, 2010

Back from 020

Yesterday I worked overtime, so I could take a few hours off today to head into Amsterdam today. Remesh also took some hours off from his job at Unilever and took the train to meet me at Amsterdam Centraal. I was waiting at Starbucks Coffee. Big surprise!

The first thing we did is take the tram to the Visumburo to pick up my visa. Normally this takes 2-4 weeks to get a visa for India, but I called the Indian Embassy in The Hague a few days back and asked if there was a way to get it faster and there was. It was possible for an additional price. I had to pay €183,- for a single entry visa valid for 3 months! Den tonto! Remesh did not need one, because he was in India this past summer with his kids and he purchased a double entry visa tha was valid for 6 months. Thank goodness for that. But at least I got my entry papers.

From the Visumburo, we took a bus to the KLM Travel Clinic near the Dam, because I needed a Hepatitis B vaccination and we both needed Malaria pills.
Photobucket
KLM Travel Clinic

Within 15 minutes we were out of there and we walked it to the Kalverstraat which was busy as ever.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Kalverstraat, Amsterdam

I needed some good walking shoes and a strong backpack. I ended up buying Nikes at Footlocker and a backpack at the O'Neill store. Remesh also bought a Kipling backpack. You know.... that monkey brand. After we were done we headed to Café de Klos for some dinner. If you want to have great ribs while in amsterdam, Café de Klos is the place to be!
Photobucket

Photobucket
De Klos, Amsterdam

After we were finished we took the train back to Rotterdam. I took the metro back home and Remesh went home by car. Unilever is just across Rotterdam Centraal, so it's ideal.
Photobucket
Just for fun...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Monkey bag for a monkey person. Sorry Rem, it had to be said.

Micheline

18.11.10  
Anonymous Devon said...

Lol @ Micheline haha

Well have fun in India that's soooo not my thing. Geef mij maar lekker de V.S.

19.11.10  

Post a Comment

<< Home