Yesterday & today
Yesterday I spent the day at my parents house. My nephew was there as well. Just a fun day with the family.


Milan & opa

Milan & papa

Milan

Milan in his PJ's ready for bed
I can't recall if I told you guys, but this past summer I took Milan with me to Aruba to see his great-grandparents. Junior and Mandy were both very busy with work and since I was going to Aruba anyway, I offered to take him with me. Junior and Mandy were so happy with the solution... in the beginning. But when it was time to leave and while I was there, it was drama, drama, drama. They missed him so much. I was to be in Aruba for 14 days, but I cut the trip down to 11 days. The funny thing was that he himself didn't seem to miss his parents at all. He was having too much fun! That little devil! He has me wound around his pinky finger and he knows it! :-)



Arrival at Schiphol, back from Aruba. It was during the World Cup and we arrived on the day that Holland had to play against Brazil


In front of the airplane shop at Schiphol Airport

Watching the soccer game at my parents house, while he enjoyed his 'ijsje'
Anyway, today Remesh and I were planning a trip we're going to do for his 40th birthday next month. We had to see how and with whom we would fly. I think we have everything settled now. When I go to work tomorrow, I'll have to start making the arrangements. The destination was completely his choice. Well actually, we are going to two destinations. Where, you ask? Well, just of the southern tip of India, there are two of the most extraordinary paradises on the planet. On one side the Maldives... thousands of islands with some of the most spectacular sights you’ll ever see. And on the other side is an island that the great traveler Marco Polo describes as undoubtedly the finest of its size in the world. It reaches from sea level to 2500 meters. It’s the pearl of the Indian Ocean… Sri Lanka! Whooo!!!


Milan & opa

Milan & papa

Milan

Milan in his PJ's ready for bed
I can't recall if I told you guys, but this past summer I took Milan with me to Aruba to see his great-grandparents. Junior and Mandy were both very busy with work and since I was going to Aruba anyway, I offered to take him with me. Junior and Mandy were so happy with the solution... in the beginning. But when it was time to leave and while I was there, it was drama, drama, drama. They missed him so much. I was to be in Aruba for 14 days, but I cut the trip down to 11 days. The funny thing was that he himself didn't seem to miss his parents at all. He was having too much fun! That little devil! He has me wound around his pinky finger and he knows it! :-)



Arrival at Schiphol, back from Aruba. It was during the World Cup and we arrived on the day that Holland had to play against Brazil


In front of the airplane shop at Schiphol Airport

Watching the soccer game at my parents house, while he enjoyed his 'ijsje'
Anyway, today Remesh and I were planning a trip we're going to do for his 40th birthday next month. We had to see how and with whom we would fly. I think we have everything settled now. When I go to work tomorrow, I'll have to start making the arrangements. The destination was completely his choice. Well actually, we are going to two destinations. Where, you ask? Well, just of the southern tip of India, there are two of the most extraordinary paradises on the planet. On one side the Maldives... thousands of islands with some of the most spectacular sights you’ll ever see. And on the other side is an island that the great traveler Marco Polo describes as undoubtedly the finest of its size in the world. It reaches from sea level to 2500 meters. It’s the pearl of the Indian Ocean… Sri Lanka! Whooo!!!
6 Comments:
In mijn tijd bij Martinair vlogen we op Colombo. Ondanks de politieke onrust vond ik Sri Lanka een parchtig eiland met zeer vriendelijke mensen. Goeie keus van Remesh. Met wie gaan jullie vliegen? Ik hoop niet IPB'end via India ofzo. Volgens mij begint Jetairfly directe vluchten vanaf Brussel.
Groetjes uit warme Bonaire. Eén van de mooiste gemeentes van NL.
Herman
I've been to Sri Lanka and the Maldives. Both great destinations. Although I have to say that the Maldives are very, very expensive! Be warned. I wonder how it now post-tsunami, because both countries were heavily hit by it.
H.J.K.
Overdrijven is ook een kunst, Ry! 'Drama, drama, drama'....? It was the 1st time my kid was away from us alone and of course we were worried. You decided to cut your vacation short, we didn't ask you to! Stick to the facts!
And Remesh... you are old. Damn!
Junior
Well, I am surprised Rem actually chose anything other than India. He's always going to that damn india. I know its his roots, but still! My roots are half somewhere in Africa, but you don't see me trotting to Côte d'Ivoire, Senegal, Sierra Leone or wherever my ancestors are from every chance I get.
But then again, Sri Lanka ain't really a stretch, consider it's only 30-40 kilometers from India. Maybe because I am not a fan of India. Too much people! I was there 5 times and each time I got Delhi-belly. Never me again!!!
Haha, ik pest je alleen maar Rem!
@ Junior: LOL! Oh, f*ck.
Les
Ben je IPB-end met de KLM geweest in de zomer? Jij durft!
Nee hoor, gewoon een ticket gekocht met Arkefly. Ik moest $100,- betalen om eerder terug te komen. IPB-end met een kind in hoog seizoen is gewoon niet te doen. En omdat Milan niet mijn kind is, wilde ik persé niet via Amerika reizen, want dat heb je allemaal papierwerk nodig.
Post a Comment
<< Home