Shopping
Yesterday afternoon and evening I did something I normally don't do too often. I went shopping.
It isn't that I dislike shopping, far from it. But when abroad I just pick up things I see here and there that I like. Another reason is that Holland is really expensive. A good example is Levi's Jeans; I wear Levi's 501 classic or Levi's 527 bootcut jeans. A 501 goes for about €80,- to €120,- here in Holland, while I can go to Sears, JCPenney, Macy's or even the Levi Strauss store in the States and get the same for $30,- to $40,-! Big difference! And the 527 model is not sold in Europe, so I'm obligated to buy it there. I like Levi's because it always fits right. I don't event have to try them on. I can go in the store, pick up a 36/30 jeans and get out of there.
Now there is a difference between European and American style, so I can't buy everything abroad. I also can't buy anything in Asia, because its either fake or it doesn't come in my size, because Asian are tiny! That doesn't mean I don't buy anything there... I do own a fake Burberry scarf. I bought an original one years ago on sale in London at the Burberry store in Oxford street, but it was stolen at work from my desk. So why bother. If I lose the one I have now, I will only lose €7,- istead of €130,-. Electronic devices like camera's, iPods etc. I also buy in Asia, because they're dog cheap! I just have to make sure I don't get caught by customs at Schiphol :-)
But anyway Les came over to R'dam and we went shopping for clothes and shoes for Micheline's wedding next week at Beurs and Lijnbaan in the center of R'dam. It was shopping night anyway. Afterwards we went to Taj Mahal for some Indian food and then Les headed back north to his home by train. All-in-all a very 'gezellige' day with my buddy.
Later today I will be heading to Dordrecht to my parents home to spend the day and see my nephew. Maybe I will spend the night... we'll see.
Have a great weekend!
It isn't that I dislike shopping, far from it. But when abroad I just pick up things I see here and there that I like. Another reason is that Holland is really expensive. A good example is Levi's Jeans; I wear Levi's 501 classic or Levi's 527 bootcut jeans. A 501 goes for about €80,- to €120,- here in Holland, while I can go to Sears, JCPenney, Macy's or even the Levi Strauss store in the States and get the same for $30,- to $40,-! Big difference! And the 527 model is not sold in Europe, so I'm obligated to buy it there. I like Levi's because it always fits right. I don't event have to try them on. I can go in the store, pick up a 36/30 jeans and get out of there.
Now there is a difference between European and American style, so I can't buy everything abroad. I also can't buy anything in Asia, because its either fake or it doesn't come in my size, because Asian are tiny! That doesn't mean I don't buy anything there... I do own a fake Burberry scarf. I bought an original one years ago on sale in London at the Burberry store in Oxford street, but it was stolen at work from my desk. So why bother. If I lose the one I have now, I will only lose €7,- istead of €130,-. Electronic devices like camera's, iPods etc. I also buy in Asia, because they're dog cheap! I just have to make sure I don't get caught by customs at Schiphol :-)
But anyway Les came over to R'dam and we went shopping for clothes and shoes for Micheline's wedding next week at Beurs and Lijnbaan in the center of R'dam. It was shopping night anyway. Afterwards we went to Taj Mahal for some Indian food and then Les headed back north to his home by train. All-in-all a very 'gezellige' day with my buddy.
Later today I will be heading to Dordrecht to my parents home to spend the day and see my nephew. Maybe I will spend the night... we'll see.
Have a great weekend!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home