Laptop problems
I spent this whole damn weekend trying to get my laptop back in working shape. I have 2 laptops... both Acers. One I got from work and the other one I bought last year. The one from work is just fine, because our IT-specialist keeps it up-to-date. The other one was one hot mess. I think I got some Trojan Horse or something, because I couldn't get on the internet and the thing was working so damn slow! All I can say is thanks to Google and the people who post solutions on certain forums. They helped me a lot! Oh... and I kinda illegally downloaded some software from The Pirate Bay. Anyone who has problems with downloading illegal things... wel... sorry... I don't recognize myself with that problem. Just sayin'....
In the end I decided to save all my stuff on a USB-stick and reformat the whole thing. First I had to figure out, how you do so when Windows Vista comes pre-installed. It was as simple as [Alt] & [F10]. That's the easy part. The hard part is going through hours and hours installing your software like Microsoft Office, Anti-virus, printer driver etc. etc. And don't even get me started on all the updates Windows has to do! OMG! But finally I got there and my laptop is in tip-top shape and working like Speedy Gonzales! I also have an Acer desktop PC at home, but that is one PC I take great care of! My laptop I mainly use when travelling for fun. So I am kinda lax with that one. Well not anymore!
So yeah... that was basically my weekend. Damn... it sucked... big time!
In the end I decided to save all my stuff on a USB-stick and reformat the whole thing. First I had to figure out, how you do so when Windows Vista comes pre-installed. It was as simple as [Alt] & [F10]. That's the easy part. The hard part is going through hours and hours installing your software like Microsoft Office, Anti-virus, printer driver etc. etc. And don't even get me started on all the updates Windows has to do! OMG! But finally I got there and my laptop is in tip-top shape and working like Speedy Gonzales! I also have an Acer desktop PC at home, but that is one PC I take great care of! My laptop I mainly use when travelling for fun. So I am kinda lax with that one. Well not anymore!
So yeah... that was basically my weekend. Damn... it sucked... big time!
1 Comments:
I had a trojan horse once. I used Hitman Pro to get rid of it. It alsmost destroyed my computer.
Post a Comment
<< Home