Monday, October 04, 2010

Google & more...

Why is it that so much things on the internet seems to be linked to your Google account? When I started blogging a few years back, I just had a Blogspot account. Then Google bought Blogspot/Blogger and in no-time I was forced to link it to my Gmail. The same exact story with YouTube. Big deal, right?

I remember sometime last year I couldn't get into my Gmail account for some reason. It was blocked. That also meant I had no access to Blogger and YouTube. I had to send an email to someone at Google to unlock my account. Ridiculous! Another thing for those of you who have a Gmail account... have you ever noticed that when you are writing an email or reading one, there are adverts relating to the topic in your private email appearing on Google Ads? I mean, WTF? I am in no way paranoid about privacy issues or something, but sometimes I wonder if its Google's aim to take over the world. Ugh, listen to me rant like some person who is crazy in the head...

Anyway, today was work as usual, with back-to-back meetings and tons of reports to file. The buzz all over the office and airport is mostly about Martinair (MP) and what's going to happen to its staff, crew, aircraft and routes. I am wondering about this myself. I mean, I always knew the cargo division, was the successfull part of the company and that the passenger division was a hot mess. Martinair Aviation Services, the ground handling company of Martinair, was integrated into KLM Ground Services a while back. Now the airline passenger division is going. Most (if not all)employees will be integrated within KLM. That's great! But then the sh!t will hit the fan. Two words: 'seniority issues'... between MP and KL crew. It will be interested to see how it pans out.

I'm going to be honest; I flew MP a few times to Aruba AUA, Miami MIA, Orlando MCO and Cancun CAN on their MD11's and 767's, but it's not like their service is something to write home about. At the end of the day it is a vacation airline who crams as much seats as possible into an aircraft. But it's still sad to see another airline go. Like TWA (Trans World Airlines) into American, Northwest Airlines into Delta and now Continental into United. And how could I forget ALM Antillean Airlines and the airline I started with: Air Aruba. All gone...

As for my buddy Lesley who just joined Martinair... no worries there. His job is secured within the Air France-KLM Group. In January he will have a dual role; some work will be performed for MP and other for KL. KLM Nederland asked him to stay with Martinair untill the end and then he will be transferred to 100% KLM. Het blijft spannend hoor!

Oh well, I'm off to bed! Welterusten!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home