Tuesday, October 19, 2010

After being denied boarding...

... on the first KLM flight (KL1664) yesterday morning due to it being full, we all got on the second flight (KL1666) and arrived in Amsterdam AMS around 12.30 in the afternoon. As I stated in the previous post, my parents had a fabulous trip and really enjoyed the cruise. I am so happy my Dad got to spend his birthday the way he wanted it. And when my parents are happy, I am happy. I love them so much! Photobucket
Dad at Schiphol
Photobucket

Photobucket
Their ship; Celebrity Cruises' Constellation
Photobucket
Boarding the ship in Barcelona, Spain
Photobucket
Enjoying a 'cerveza' in Barcelona
Photobucket

Photobucket
Mom & Dad on board the ship
Photobucket

Photobucket
Mom & Dad in Napoli, Italia
Photobucket
Dad & the Leaning Tower of Pisa
Photobucket
Mom at the Vatican City
Photobucket
Dad in Genoa, Italy
Photobucket
Mom & a crew member of the ship
Photobucket
The best parents... ever!

While flying to Amsterdam and looking at my parents and brother I was thinking that I'm really lucky in many ways. Of course I am happy with the work I do and the opportunities it gives me to discover the world. But all of that doesn't amount to a hill of beans comparing to having family and friends at my side. I believe that life itself is a journey. One that is much better traveled with family, friends and a companion by your side. They can be just about anyone. A friendly neighbour on the other side of the street or the person on the other side of the bed. A pleasant co-worker or a demanding but fair boss. They can be your parents who have the best of intentions, for some it can be a child who's up to misschief or a brother/sister who will do just about anything for you.

But you know every once and a while life throws you a curve ball which means that some of us will end up travelling alone for a while. And I know from experience that during these times the journey sometimes becomes unbearable. The lesson I've learned with all my travels, life experiences, meeting different people, experiencing different cultures and listening to different stories is that human beings are quite strong and resillient. And although we may look different on the outside, we are very similar on the inside. But the biggest lesson I've learned is that human beings are designed for many things, but loneliness isn't one of them...

6 Comments:

Anonymous LP said...

Agreed!

19.10.10  
Blogger Pamela said...

I loke this post son. I would like to thank Junior & you for making this trip possible. We indeed enjoyed it! Love you both!

Mom

19.10.10  
Anonymous Junior said...

Same as what your mother said. Thanks to both of you! Love you guys! I have 2 great sons!!!!

Junior

19.10.10  
Anonymous DDD said...

Very nice post.

Terug op de vragen van uw vorige post. Ja, ik ben KLM'er 1 bander en zit nu lekker met RT.

TACV vliegt volgens mij alleen maar 1x per week naar AMS met hun verrotte 757-200 kisten die ook vanuit Kaapverdie naar Brazilie vliegen, can u just imagine that Crappy 757. En nu kan je daar ook terecht met Arkefly.

Maar de meesten vliegen nu via Belgie met JETAIRFLY ruim goedkopper.

Groetjes,

19.10.10  
Blogger Traveller said...

@ DDD: Je hoeft geen 'u' te zeggen, hoor! Makes me sound old.

Flying with a 757 from the Cape Verde Islands all the way to Brazil sounds like hell! Arke and Jetair are okay, but not my favorite airlines to fly. I dunno how long you've been reading the blog, but before this I worked at Air France Consulting and we did a big project for TUI.

Many people are unaware of how big they are actually are. But at the end of the day they are not IATA carriers and that makes me turn away from them often enough. Geniet van je RT.

Ryan

19.10.10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. Nice blog. Addicted reader. Keep it gowing!

John Annaheim
Oshkosh, America

21.10.10  

Post a Comment

<< Home