Monday, September 27, 2010

Another rainy day here in Amsterdam...

... and once again awaiting another flight. I'm heading to Atlanta ATL for a 2-day meeting, but I am travelling via Detroit DTW with Delta. The 10.35 Delta flight was already full, although two of my my co-workers managed to get the last 2 seats. I have higher priority than them, but as they are two women and they are friends outside of the job, I thought it would be nice to let them travel together. There is a 13.50 flight to ATL by KLM, but the loads are on the full side as well. But they told me and if it fills up, they would give me a jumpseat. I am not in the mood for that. So I decided to fly via DTW. Enough connections to ATL from there. I don't mind. I have enough work to do on board anyway. But untill then, I will be waiting... because my flight go delayed. So yeah... I headed to Starbucks Coffee...
Photobucket
E-pier

Posted from BlackBerry® available from NL Vodafone

7 Comments:

Anonymous LP said...

Friends or no friends, I have earned my PSN. So they would be the ones taking the jumpseat orr travelling via DTW, MSP or whatever! LOL! Just kiddin'! Have a good one buddy! Remember my Sugar Pops!

Les

27.9.10  
Blogger Pamela said...

Have a safe flight son.

27.9.10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is PSN?

James B.

27.9.10  
Anonymous LP said...

PSN = Priority Serial Number. The PSN is determined on the basis of the year in which the employee joined
KLM.
Examples (corresponding numbers apply for intermediate years): Joined KLM in 1965 then your PSN is between 2065-2080. 1990 then your PSN is between 2080-2095. 2000 then your PSN is between 2100-2115. So the lower your PSN the higher your priority is to get on board when travelling as a non-revenue passenger. So Ryan joined KLM before me. So if there is one seat on a flight to St. Maarten and both of us want to get on that flight, then the seat will go to Ryan. Again... this is for non-revenue travel (leisure). You also have PSN for duty travel (travel that is work related). In that case the PSN superseeds any other leisure travel PSN. But even in duty travel you have levels. Depending on your rank within KLM and the importance of the meeting a very low PSN will be assigned to you. A Director will have priority over someone lower and they will also have priority in getting a business class seat over an economy seat. It sounds complicated, but really the check-in and reservation system does the assignment automatically.

Les

28.9.10  
Blogger Remesh said...

@ Micheline: als de keuze tussen mij was en een Frapuccino, Latte of Capuccino van Starbucks, dan zou zijn keuze al heel gauw gemaakt zijn!!! Ik zou eruit liggen! :-)

Ik begrijp hem echt niet! Ik heb hem een Senseo apparaat gegeven en dat ding staat bijna gloedniuuw op de aanrecht. Meneertje gaat liever van die dure bonen kopen bij Starbucks omdat het volgens hem beter smaakt. Naar mijn mening worden doe bonen gewoon zwart verbrand! Not my thing!

28.9.10  
Blogger Angelo said...

I like Strabucks' Cinnamon roll or whatever it is called. Nothing else like it in NL. When in the States i buy mine at Cinabbon!

28.9.10  
Blogger Traveller said...

You guys give me a break! Can't a man just enjoy a cup of coffee!? Talking about Cinnabon... there is one just down the street from the hotel. Guess who just came from there? Anyway, it was a long freaking flight and I am tired. So I'm going to order roomservice and catch my bed. Gotta be at DL at 09.00.








Oh yeah, before that I will of course pick up my coffee at.... well... nevermind.

Oh ja... Remesh je hebt gelijk. If I had to choose you should consider yourself dumped. Thank goodness you are so understanding. Hey, I'm just saying..... LOL!

28.9.10  

Post a Comment

<< Home