B-day
I'd like to thank everyone for their birthday wishes via phone calls, SMS messages, emails and comments. Much appreciated!! I had a great birthday. It's the first time since 2000 that I actually spent it here in NL.
I slept until 10.00. When I woke up I showered, dressed casually and packed a weekend bag, because Remesh had plans for me and I had to be ready for 12.00. When we were in Stockholm a few weeks back, he told me to take my birthday and the day after off from work. Just before noon Remesh came to pick me up and he carried me to Bar & Brasserie Water situated in the Golden Tulip Rotterdam for a delicious brunch. Then we drove to Arnhem where we checked-in at the Bilderberg De Buunderkamp hotel. A nice 4-star hotel with lots of amenities. We didn't stay there for too long, because we had to leave he said. He started to drive towards Teuge Airport. Then he parked in front of a building with the sign Nationaal Paracentrum Teuge. OMG! We were going parachute jumping! I did absailing and tokkeling from the Euromast a few years back and I did bungie jumping at Scheveningen. I always said I wanted to jump out of a plane, but never really set my mind to it. But here I was!
What can I say? It was fun!!! After a short briefing about the safety and procedures we went into this small looking rinky-dinky plane and took off. In the air we got last-minute instructions and then we were hooked up to our instructors. When we were 3 kilometers high in the air, Remesh and instructor Jan jumped first and right after I jumped with my instructor Willem. The feeling of maybe plunging to your death at 200 kilometers an hour is unbelievabe!!!! Seriously! Wow! Then wen the parachute opens, you are propelled back up in the air and slowly descent to the ground. The landing was a bit rough but everyone made it back safely on the ground. We went to the office and got a certificates. I would definitely do it again. A pity it's so expensive. But that was one of the best birthday gifts I got!
Back at the hotel we had dinner, we did the spa and swam in the indoor pool. Very relaxing after an exhilirating day. Later that night we sat at the bar just conversating and then we were off to bed. This morning we had a breakfast and strolled around Arnhem the whole day doing some shopping and sightseeing. We also had dinne in the city and then returned to the hotel to pack our bags and check-out. Then we headed back to Rotterdam. All-in-all it was a great way to spend my 31st birthday.
I was just speaking with my parents on the phone who are in Aruba and they were telling me how different it was than usual being on the first KLM flight to the island after its suspension last year. Les sent me an email of a news article on the subject. To my surprise it got a water salute upon arrival in Aruba. Nice touch.







Photos from Amigoe, Diario & Luchtvaarfoto
I'm off to bed. Back to work tomorrow! Well actually... in a few hours.
I slept until 10.00. When I woke up I showered, dressed casually and packed a weekend bag, because Remesh had plans for me and I had to be ready for 12.00. When we were in Stockholm a few weeks back, he told me to take my birthday and the day after off from work. Just before noon Remesh came to pick me up and he carried me to Bar & Brasserie Water situated in the Golden Tulip Rotterdam for a delicious brunch. Then we drove to Arnhem where we checked-in at the Bilderberg De Buunderkamp hotel. A nice 4-star hotel with lots of amenities. We didn't stay there for too long, because we had to leave he said. He started to drive towards Teuge Airport. Then he parked in front of a building with the sign Nationaal Paracentrum Teuge. OMG! We were going parachute jumping! I did absailing and tokkeling from the Euromast a few years back and I did bungie jumping at Scheveningen. I always said I wanted to jump out of a plane, but never really set my mind to it. But here I was!
What can I say? It was fun!!! After a short briefing about the safety and procedures we went into this small looking rinky-dinky plane and took off. In the air we got last-minute instructions and then we were hooked up to our instructors. When we were 3 kilometers high in the air, Remesh and instructor Jan jumped first and right after I jumped with my instructor Willem. The feeling of maybe plunging to your death at 200 kilometers an hour is unbelievabe!!!! Seriously! Wow! Then wen the parachute opens, you are propelled back up in the air and slowly descent to the ground. The landing was a bit rough but everyone made it back safely on the ground. We went to the office and got a certificates. I would definitely do it again. A pity it's so expensive. But that was one of the best birthday gifts I got!
Back at the hotel we had dinner, we did the spa and swam in the indoor pool. Very relaxing after an exhilirating day. Later that night we sat at the bar just conversating and then we were off to bed. This morning we had a breakfast and strolled around Arnhem the whole day doing some shopping and sightseeing. We also had dinne in the city and then returned to the hotel to pack our bags and check-out. Then we headed back to Rotterdam. All-in-all it was a great way to spend my 31st birthday.
I was just speaking with my parents on the phone who are in Aruba and they were telling me how different it was than usual being on the first KLM flight to the island after its suspension last year. Les sent me an email of a news article on the subject. To my surprise it got a water salute upon arrival in Aruba. Nice touch.







Photos from Amigoe, Diario & Luchtvaarfoto
I'm off to bed. Back to work tomorrow! Well actually... in a few hours.
4 Comments:
Are you crazy in you head?! Jumping out of a plane...
Micheline
Nice toch for KLM.
Marlon
Where the hell are you Ryan Mitchell???!!!!
Letitia
[big smile]
Post a Comment
<< Home