Yesterday
Sofitel London Heathrow, London (UK) - Local time 05.55
I was going to post this yesterday after I finished my meeting.
On the train to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
But alas... my co-workers and I ended up in the hotel bar drinking and talking business until 03.00 this morning. I slept for 2 hours and woke up at 05.00. After a shower, I went and got myself a capuccino at... you guessed it... Starbucks Coffee.

Capuccino
I'm going downstairs to get some breakfast and then take a taxi to London Gatwick airport LGW. We were originally going to fly out of London Heathrow LHR on DL009, but when I arrived in London yesterday, Delta Staff Travel told us they rebooked us all out of LGW on the 09.15 flight, because the flight from LHR was oversold. Considering we were travelling on Duty W tickets (Duty Travel Waitlisted) the chances of us getting on were very slim. The LGW flight was wide open on the other hand. At least we got BusinessElite seats. But LHR and LGW are at opposite end, so the taxi ride will take more than one hour. Oh well...
At least I should sleep well during the entire flight. Actually we all should!
Happy weekend.
I was going to post this yesterday after I finished my meeting.
On the train to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
But alas... my co-workers and I ended up in the hotel bar drinking and talking business until 03.00 this morning. I slept for 2 hours and woke up at 05.00. After a shower, I went and got myself a capuccino at... you guessed it... Starbucks Coffee.

Capuccino
I'm going downstairs to get some breakfast and then take a taxi to London Gatwick airport LGW. We were originally going to fly out of London Heathrow LHR on DL009, but when I arrived in London yesterday, Delta Staff Travel told us they rebooked us all out of LGW on the 09.15 flight, because the flight from LHR was oversold. Considering we were travelling on Duty W tickets (Duty Travel Waitlisted) the chances of us getting on were very slim. The LGW flight was wide open on the other hand. At least we got BusinessElite seats. But LHR and LGW are at opposite end, so the taxi ride will take more than one hour. Oh well...
At least I should sleep well during the entire flight. Actually we all should!
Happy weekend.
3 Comments:
Fyra is nice and all, but for its no use. they don't call at Den Haag. So it's the regular IC for me or the International train.
Enjoy Atlanta!!!
Curtis
Have a good trip, son.
Atlanta airport is huge! And I hate it. I prefer transferring at IAD, DTW, MEM or MSP. I hate ORD and JFK as well!
Post a Comment
<< Home