Going home!
Renaissance Concourse Hotel, Atlanta (USA) - Local time 13.40
I was just watching an update on the Ethiopian Airlines crash on CNN. So sad! This is the 3rd crash involving a 737-800; Turkish Airlines at Schiphol, American Airlines at Kingston and now this. My prayers are with the families.
Anyway, my job here is done. It's a pity that I can't get into details about my work, but as you know I signed a confidentiality agreement with Delta Air Lines, so I'm not going to take any chances.
I will say that the conversation between the Delta people and me got heated at times, but we managed to come to a compromise. Well actually... after I treatened to leave the DL team and go back to KLM, I kinda forced a compromise out of them. You just have to know how to deal with Americans. And these are not Yankees; these are Southeners. A whole different breed of people who are not accustomed to people talking back to them. But as they say in Holland: ik heb schijt!
Now I'm busy looking to see what the fastest way home is. I'm not travelling with my British co-workers via London. They have enough options to get home (LGW or LHR), but not me. Today there is only one DL flight to Amsterdam AMS. No KLM today. I also hate to connect in London anyway.
I looked on DeltaNet and the options they are giving me with the Duty W ticket that I have are to fly to Montréal YUL (Canada) and connect on Delta to Amsterdam AMS. The DL flight YUL-AMS is of course operated by KLM under a codeshare. The other option is via Minneapolis/St. Paul MSP and connect on DL to AMS. The way it works is you enter your ticket number and DeltaNet automatically retrieves your reservation from Worldspan and then sees which flights can be used on that specific ticket. It also tells you how many seats are available, so you can check if it's worth taking that flight. Easy, breezy!
I'm liking the MSP option better. So I let me pack-up my stuff and head to Hartsfield, which is only 5 minutes away. My flight to MSP leaves at 16.05. I saw on CNN that the weather in Holland is cold! Here in Atlanta it's about 9°C. Oh well...
I was just watching an update on the Ethiopian Airlines crash on CNN. So sad! This is the 3rd crash involving a 737-800; Turkish Airlines at Schiphol, American Airlines at Kingston and now this. My prayers are with the families.
Anyway, my job here is done. It's a pity that I can't get into details about my work, but as you know I signed a confidentiality agreement with Delta Air Lines, so I'm not going to take any chances.
I will say that the conversation between the Delta people and me got heated at times, but we managed to come to a compromise. Well actually... after I treatened to leave the DL team and go back to KLM, I kinda forced a compromise out of them. You just have to know how to deal with Americans. And these are not Yankees; these are Southeners. A whole different breed of people who are not accustomed to people talking back to them. But as they say in Holland: ik heb schijt!
Now I'm busy looking to see what the fastest way home is. I'm not travelling with my British co-workers via London. They have enough options to get home (LGW or LHR), but not me. Today there is only one DL flight to Amsterdam AMS. No KLM today. I also hate to connect in London anyway.
I looked on DeltaNet and the options they are giving me with the Duty W ticket that I have are to fly to Montréal YUL (Canada) and connect on Delta to Amsterdam AMS. The DL flight YUL-AMS is of course operated by KLM under a codeshare. The other option is via Minneapolis/St. Paul MSP and connect on DL to AMS. The way it works is you enter your ticket number and DeltaNet automatically retrieves your reservation from Worldspan and then sees which flights can be used on that specific ticket. It also tells you how many seats are available, so you can check if it's worth taking that flight. Easy, breezy!
I'm liking the MSP option better. So I let me pack-up my stuff and head to Hartsfield, which is only 5 minutes away. My flight to MSP leaves at 16.05. I saw on CNN that the weather in Holland is cold! Here in Atlanta it's about 9°C. Oh well...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home