Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Almost home!

Minneapolis/St. Paul Inter'l Airport, (USA) - Local time 18.45

I'm in the Delta Sky Club lounge at Minneapolis/St. Paul MSP. I arrived in MSP early, so I had to wait for the gate for the Amsterdam AMS flight to open so I could go to one of the Gate Agents to see if and when I could be loaded on. I was checked in as a standby in Atlanta ATL. So to kill time, I decided to wait in the Delta Sky Club. As an employee, you are not allowed to do that, but I am a member of the Flying Blue program in my private life. So I used my card. You know... the lounge has free food, drinks and WiFi access.

About 2 hours ago I heard "Your attention please. Passenger Mitchell travelling from Atlanta to Amsterdam, please contact the Delta Service Desk". So I went to the desk right here in the lounge and to my surprise the Agent in ATL sent a telex to MSP asking the MSP Gate Agents to please give me priority if they were able to. I told the ATL Agent that I had to be at work on Thursday. So when prepping the flight, the Gate Supervisor saw the comment and decided to load me on immediately. The Lounge Agent printed my boardingpass. Economy seat, but I'm going home!

See ya!

1 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

Have a safe flight son.

27.1.10  

Post a Comment

<< Home