Back home
Micheline and I made it back to Holland. Luckily we didn't get bumped off the plane in CuraƧao CUR. We both sat in Economy, although we didn't get to sit together. We both also had had middle seats. I was sitting between a quiet lady at the window and this smelly heavy German dude on the aisle who was farting the whole f*cking flight from CUR. I am sorry for whomever is sitting next to him on his connecting flight to Hamburg HAM.
After we arrived at Schiphol we were subjected to hand luggage search by security just outside the loading bridge. Micheline and I bought Christmas hams in St. Maarten. I bought it for my mother. You can get ham here in Holland, but those things are gross. Just not the same. So the customs guy told me that I was not allowed to bring in meat products into the country. I was like... "Echt waar? Dat wist ik helemaal niet!". He said he would give me a chance to dump it in one of the trash cans in the arrival hall, because after I claim my bags and go through Customs, I can get fined. I thanked him for the tip and Micheline and I walked to the baggage claim area, coleected our luggage and went through customs without getting checked. Sufficed to say that the ham is in my freezer. Dump my mother's ham?! Ja, doei! Of course I know it is not allowed to bring in certain stuff into the country. Duh! It is a calculated risk I took. Please don't judge me. I work in the travel business and I am well aware of all the rules, but occasionally I break them. If I get caught, so be it.
Micheline and I said goodbye at Schiphol Plaza and I took the Fyra to Rotterdam, while she went to her home in Haarlem. I just love that train. 28 minutes! I already unpacked and now I am heading to Dordrecht. I will be working this weekend to catch up on my work. It was worth it though.
After we arrived at Schiphol we were subjected to hand luggage search by security just outside the loading bridge. Micheline and I bought Christmas hams in St. Maarten. I bought it for my mother. You can get ham here in Holland, but those things are gross. Just not the same. So the customs guy told me that I was not allowed to bring in meat products into the country. I was like... "Echt waar? Dat wist ik helemaal niet!". He said he would give me a chance to dump it in one of the trash cans in the arrival hall, because after I claim my bags and go through Customs, I can get fined. I thanked him for the tip and Micheline and I walked to the baggage claim area, coleected our luggage and went through customs without getting checked. Sufficed to say that the ham is in my freezer. Dump my mother's ham?! Ja, doei! Of course I know it is not allowed to bring in certain stuff into the country. Duh! It is a calculated risk I took. Please don't judge me. I work in the travel business and I am well aware of all the rules, but occasionally I break them. If I get caught, so be it.
Micheline and I said goodbye at Schiphol Plaza and I took the Fyra to Rotterdam, while she went to her home in Haarlem. I just love that train. 28 minutes! I already unpacked and now I am heading to Dordrecht. I will be working this weekend to catch up on my work. It was worth it though.
1 Comments:
Welkom thuis!
M. de Koning
Post a Comment
<< Home