Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Atlanta, Georgia

Westin Peachtree Hotel, Atlanta - Local time 06.30

I woke up about 20 minutes ago. I already showered and shaved and I'm waiting for my breakfast from roomservice. The weather in Atlanta is okay. It's around 17°C accorinding to CNN weather forecast. I will go into details later on (maybe in the weekend when I have more time), but everything is going great and according to plan so far. I already successfully completed the training in Products & Services yesterday and today I have an exam in Dangerous Goods Regulations. I've been studying all night, so let's hope it will turn out okay.

I haven't seen much of Atlanta as yet, but I have all weeekend to do that. But I've been here 4 times before, so no biggie. I've met people from all over the world at the Delta Training Center. There were people from Delta stations from within the USA, but also from Toronto, Hong Kong, Lagos, Dubai and yes... even one girl from Aruba! She was here to learn the advanced entries for Deltamatic.

Our group from Holland is doing great. They are really taking there stuff seriously. I'd be lying id I said I found them all equally nice... maar ja... you can't like everyone.

Later this afternoon we also have our final fittings for our uniform. Delta has a wide range of choice. And look... I'm not skinny or anything, but Delta has this red dress for Flight Attendants... why in hell's name would women of a larger size want to red a flaming red dress? You would look like a freakin' fat red clown coming down the aisle of a plane! I'm just saying....
Photobucket
Delta's wrap dress by Ralph Lauren

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It will fit your dutch colleagues good, sinds they love those bright color jackets. That Delta dress looks like a raincoat. Ugly. But I do love the other uniforms.

Do your best and make us proud :) Greetings from Curacao.

Dev

15.10.09  
Anonymous LP said...

Yeah I heard about the issue of the red dress and the overweight NW CA's complaining that it only goes up to a size 18. This is my opinion though... if you are heavier than a size 18, you should not be a CA. They are there for safety first, service second. Now tell me... if a plane has to ditch, how will this overweight CA help the pax out? You need to be fit and in shape.

The thing is KLM has height and weight requirements. you don't have to be skinny, but you cannot overdo it either. We at British Airways have the same as well. Not vereyone is Deltalina and not everyone will look good in the wrap dress.

Anyway, how did the DGR go?

Les

16.10.09  

Post a Comment

<< Home