Harder than I thought...
Westin Peachtree Hotel, Atlanta - Local time 10.25
I just finished having my omelets and toast I ordered from room service. It was delicious, but OMG... this training was way harder than I anticipated! The whole week I was attending training sessions at the Delta Training Center. Friday morning we had to do a test exam and I did terrible! I really underestimated this course. So now I had the whole weekend to work on my weak points, because tomorrow morning is part one of the final exam. I have to get at least 93% of the answers correct. Failure to do so will result in an immediate return to Amsterdam on the first available flight and immediate dismissal from the Delta team. If I pass, I can continue on to part two of the exam which is on Wednesday.
So fingers crossed, because this shit is hard! And to believe this is not even a one time thing I have to get through, because every 6 months I will have a recurrent and every 2 years the same two-part exam. Ugh.
On another note the Project Manager & Chief of Staff for the Delta team in The Netherlands decided last minute to take a job with another company. Some crazy company called British Airways. Crazy, I know :-). So that left the DL team without a PM & CoS. So DL went on looking for one and to my surprise he arrived in Atlanta yesterday for training. What was even a bigger surprise was that it was my former Manager at Air France Consulting... Ricardo K.

Ricardo K.
We bot left AFC at the same time and he went on to work for Transavia and I went to KLM. Now we were back together at DL. I always got along great with Rico, so I thought it was great he would be in the DL team. He is one of the nicest person I've ever known and a great leader. I did had my issues with him in the past, but it was talked out and we moved on. The way it supposed to be.

Ric & Ryan @ AFC
I just finished having my omelets and toast I ordered from room service. It was delicious, but OMG... this training was way harder than I anticipated! The whole week I was attending training sessions at the Delta Training Center. Friday morning we had to do a test exam and I did terrible! I really underestimated this course. So now I had the whole weekend to work on my weak points, because tomorrow morning is part one of the final exam. I have to get at least 93% of the answers correct. Failure to do so will result in an immediate return to Amsterdam on the first available flight and immediate dismissal from the Delta team. If I pass, I can continue on to part two of the exam which is on Wednesday.
So fingers crossed, because this shit is hard! And to believe this is not even a one time thing I have to get through, because every 6 months I will have a recurrent and every 2 years the same two-part exam. Ugh.
On another note the Project Manager & Chief of Staff for the Delta team in The Netherlands decided last minute to take a job with another company. Some crazy company called British Airways. Crazy, I know :-). So that left the DL team without a PM & CoS. So DL went on looking for one and to my surprise he arrived in Atlanta yesterday for training. What was even a bigger surprise was that it was my former Manager at Air France Consulting... Ricardo K.

Ricardo K.
We bot left AFC at the same time and he went on to work for Transavia and I went to KLM. Now we were back together at DL. I always got along great with Rico, so I thought it was great he would be in the DL team. He is one of the nicest person I've ever known and a great leader. I did had my issues with him in the past, but it was talked out and we moved on. The way it supposed to be.

Ric & Ryan @ AFC
Anyway, I guess it's back to the books for me. I hope I just pass this damn test! The hours have changed in The Netherlands, so now Atlanta has -5 hours difference instead of -6 compared to Holland. Sunday the 1st of November Daylight Saving Time (DST) ends in Atlanta and the clock will also go back one hour. Then the difference will be back to -6 hours. Can't the whole world change clocks on the same date?
13 Comments:
Zo heet hij dus! Ik heb die Ricardo vaak genoeg in de kantine in Amstelveen gezien en soms ook bij HV. Vond hem altijd een lekker ding. Waar komt hij oorspronkelijk vandaan?
:-D
What company are you calling crazy, Mitch??!! Better watch your mouth, before...... !! LOL!
Anyway buddy, tomorrow I am heading to London for a workshop on the new procedures for British Airways World Cargo. So you won't see me until the weekend.
And say what you want to say, but at least we at BA still do our own cargo. The might Air France and KLM is dumping everything on... wait... drum roll please.... M A R T I N A I R! ROFLMAO!
Enjoy the last few days and good luck tomorrow.
P.S: Does Ricardo read this blog, because... ahum...
Les
Goodluck with your exams. We all know you will pass!!!
By the way you heard about the Divi Divi Air sardine can accident! So sad
Dev
@ KLM'er: Rico werkte inderdaad in ASV, dus het kan kloppen dat je hem gezien hebt. Hij is half koelie/half bakra geboren in Suriname.
@ LP: Sorry my dear buddy. Slip of the tongue. Have a great trip to London. Where are you going? LCY, LHR or LGW? I will not comment about your cargo story. You are right afterall.... :-)
@ Dev: Hi Dev. Whazzup? In NL or somewhere else? Any chanmce of you heading to ATL? You are an A332 CA, right?
No, I did not hear about it, but when I read your comment, I googled it and found the story. Sad indeed. I wonder if they found the pilot already? I flew Divi Divi a couple of times. I went to AUA with an IPB ticket, but the flights were full for days to come. So I went to CUR to try my luck there, but I got bumped there as well. I bought a Divi Divi ticket CUR-BON-CUR and I took Divi to BON to try and get on the KL 742 to AMS and got bumped again and then I flew back to CUR the next morning to try the KL736. There I finally got a jumpseat to AMS. What a difference between that Norman aircraft from Divi and the Boeing 747-400 from KLM.
Reminds me of the Avia Air crash that happened a few years back on a flight to LSP. Everyone died. Since then oma never flew a small prop airplane again. Before that she was a faithfull customer of Avia Air.
Ryan
Koelie? Bakra? Hmmm... slechte woordkeus. Wat zou Ricardo ervan zeggen?
Ry, Ry, Ry.... niet iedereen is daarvan gediend heb ik je al eerder verteld. Wat Ryan eigenlijk bedoelt is dat Ricardo Half Hindoestaans en half Hollands is. Hij bedoelt het niet slecht, want hij noemt me ook de hele tijd een koelie. Maakt niet uit, ik weet wie het zegt.....
Oh please Remesh. I heard the term Djoeka or however you spell it from your mouth. Sorry, it had to be said!
Micheline
Wow, ik val nog steeds in de smaak met mijn 46 jaar?? Blij om te horen! En niet dat het al te boeiend is, maar ik ben inderdaad half Surinaams-Hindoestaans en half Nederlands. Of zoals mijn waarde collega dat zegt; half Koelie/half Bakra. Maakt niet uit, want ik zeg het ook zelf.
En jaaa, ik lees dit weblog vaak genoeg en heb het in de jaren door altijd gelezen. Bij AFC moest ik het wel constant in de gaten houden, want als Ryan weer eens te ver ging met informatie verstrekken over het bedrijf of foto's liet zien die écht niet konden, moest ik hem terug fluiten en hem dingen laten verwijderen.
Nu met Delta zal het nog erger worden vermoed ik. Die Amerikanen hebben zoveel regels. Als KLM'er heb je best we veel vrijheid zoals je tegenwoordig ziet met Hyves, Facebook and Hi5 profielen met de daarbij horende foto's. DL accepteerd dat absoluut niet. Foto's in uniform, van een kantoor of iets dergelijks wordt absoluut niet toegalten door Delta en is reden genoeg om je per onmiddelijk van de DL team te ontslaan. Ik denk dat sommige van jullie wel Queen of Sky verhaal van Ellen Simonetti wel kennen. Google het maar als dat het geval niet is.
Maar dat allemaal gezegd te hebben is Ryan een toffe gozer op werk en in privé. Aleen als hij boos is..... pfff.... laat maar.
Ricardo
Ach ja, die Amerikanen met hun zogenaamde 'Non-disclosure Agreements'. Moesten jullie die ook tekenen als ik vragen mag? Toen de dedicated Northwest team bij SPL/PH de Northwest vluchten afhandelde was het allemaal informeel en koek en ei. Nu dat Northwest Delta is geworden, moesten we zoveel papieren en NDA's tekenen! Niet normaal. Anders kon je geen voet aan boord een Delta kist zetten. Lijkt El Al wel!!!
Cor Sas
@ Ry: Heathrow... Gatwick... I swing both ways. And yeah, I know I'm right.
Americans are indeed strict about NDA's. The Brits are too. At BA I had to sign one as well and if I leave I am not allowed to work for any airline within the Virgin Group for two whole years.
Even though Ryan and I are the best of friends and we know each other a long time, there are certain things about my job I NEVER discuss with him and vice versa. It has nothing to do with thrust, but with job ethics.
Les
Uhm ja Ry ik ben a332, 737, 777, 747 and no atlanta for me. 2 more BIPS to go, then AUH-MST and after a well deserved 4/8 LIM yihaaaa. Sorry for typing kind of strange, most of the time i visit your blog with my blackberry, i'm doing it BOLD.
Dev
Sorry i meant AUH-MCT
Dev
Ik zat net te denken... ik wist niet dat Maastricht ook een vlucht had naar Abu Dhabi met de A332.
Linda Kesauly
Post a Comment
<< Home