Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Final exam today!

Westin Peachtree Hotel, Atlanta - Local time 06.45

Let's see how it goes today. Pass or fail, my trip to Atlanta has come to an end. Despite the great hotel, good food, nice shopping and wonderful city I want to go back home. I'm longing for my own bed, my own surroundings, my family, boyfriend, friends etc. The final exam is at 10.00 in the DTC. It's a written exam and for me to maintain a 93% average with the exams from Monday I need to get al least 89% of the questions right. Same rules apply... failure to maintain the 93% average will result in me being removed from the DL team. But I studied hard! So I think I should be okay.

But before that, I have to be at Delta Corporate Wear at 08.00 to pick up my uniform and airline ID. My job does not require a uniform for daily activities. For my daily work I can wear a jeans and a shirt. It's in the office anyway. But when abroad or in official Delta meetings, I am required to wear the DL attire. This however is not allowed at Amsterdam Schiphol and Paris Charles de Gaulle, because at these two airports the only uniform representing DL are KLM's and Air France's. There is a whole rule book about this. We will however get some long-sleeve and shot-sleeve Delta polo's to wear at Schiphol in case you are in view of passengers. In that case you are required to wear your KLM ID with an extra badge that says 'Agent for Delta', 'Supervisor for Delta', 'Manager for Delta'... etc. etc. But when abroad the KLM ID does not apply and the Delta ID should be worn with the uniform. It's sounds complicated, but really it isn't. I'm just happy that I am not required to wear a uniform everyday. I've been doing it my whole life!

Another great reason for the Delta ID is that the DL team will receive travel benefits from Delta on top of its own benefits from KLM. I did not know this untill yesterday. That's super, because in some cases DL benefits are superior to KLM's own and you get priority on many airlines that KLM doesn't even have an agreement with. And best of all.... we get a set amount of Buddy Passes to give to friends and family. KLM's agreement is only with registered partners and twice a year you can carry 2 companions with you on a flight. But it has to be a KLM operated flight and you must travel with the companions. With DL's Buddy Pass, you just give the ticket to whomever and they can go wherever they want on there own! I love that! But to make a reservation on DeltaNet, you need a DL ID. So there....

Here's a quick view of Atlanta....
Photobucket
My hotel; Westin Peachtree
Photobucket
View from my hotel room
Photobucket
Delta World Headquarters
Photobucket
Examination Center
Photobucket
Training Center for Cabin Services
Photobucket
I have a Mini too, but it doesn't look like this!
Photobucket
Delta Family Fair
Photobucket
Josh & Lucas. Delta coaches at the fair
Photobucket
MARTA (Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority) is the way to get around the city cheaply! Here's is the MARTA station near my hotel.
Photobucket
MARTA going downtown
Photobucket
Food court at Lennox Mall
Photobucket

Photobucket
Atlanta is also the headquarters for CNN...
Photobucket
... and also for The Coca Cola Company. There's even a 'World of Coke' museum
Photobucket
Downton Atlanta

Anyway, I'm off now!