Monday, October 05, 2009

Embaressing!

OMG! Today I was mortified with shame! This is what happened...

I finished work at 15.00 today and I took the bus from Amstelveen to Schiphol. The trains to Schiphol to Rotterdam (Intercity, International BeNeLux Train & Fyra) ususally leave from platform 5 or 6. But Schiphol is strange... they tell you the train will come in on 5 or 6 and at the last minute they give you the definite platfrom. So I arrived at Schiphol and I had one minute to spare before the Intercity left for Rotterdam. I ran down the escalator, saw a train standing there and heard the whistle. I didn't think twice and ran into the train with another co-worker of mine who lives in Den Haag (The Hague). In the train there were several people who just came back from vacation with luggage and some KLM & Martinair crew members.

So there I was sitting on this damn train on my way home. Or so I thought. When we passed Hoofddorp, I felt the train slowing down. Then we made a turn and the train headed into the remise. You know... the parkinglot for trains. We all were like, huh?! WTF?

Turns out the train had its last stop at Schiphol and then was going to the remise! Apparently we did not see the board that said "Niet Instappen". We were like... what now?! How are we going to get home? We were in the middle of nowhere! The conducter started to laugh at us fools! He said not to worry, the train was going back to Schiphol after 45 minutes, but for safety reasons we had to stay on the train. So there we all were on the Intercity train somewhere between Hoofddorp and Leiden. After 45 minutes we indeed left the remise and headed back to Schiphol. From there I took Fyra to Rotterdam.

Embaressing!

2 Comments:

Anonymous LP said...

Okay Ry, you just dumb? I know what you mean by the 5 & 6 platform, but weren't the lights in the train off? I mean really... the IC to Vlissingen/Roosendaal from A'dam/SPL are always full. You really didn't notice???? LOL!

Les

6.10.09  
Blogger Pamela said...

Pay more attention next time. On the train to Rotterdam full speed to hoofddorp. Haha!

Pam

6.10.09  

Post a Comment

<< Home