1st day at DL
Yesterday was my last day in my old department. I had a dentist check-up in the morning, so I was going in for work later than usual. After my dentist check-up, I bought a few boxes of vlaai to treat my co-workers on my last day in the department and then headed to Rotterdam Central Station. By the way... the new metro station is very nice!
The past weeks, I travel to Schiphol with Fyra. That is the NS highspeed train that travels between Rotterdam-Schiphol-Amsterdam. Rotterdam-Schiphol is only 26 minutes. I just have to pay €1,50 extra. But I'm going to stop in 2 weeks, because then the prices go up and I am not willing to pay NS more than that. My job pays for my travel to/from work. Anyway it seems that Fyra was cancelled. Why? The board said 'logistieke problemen'. What the hell does that even mean?! And the regular Intercity's to Schiphol were also cancelled, because... you guessed it... seinstoring! WTF?! And they did not know how long it was going to last! Well it lasted 2 hours!!!! Then finally the International Train came from Brussels. I couldn't believe my eyes when the train stopped in front of me. I think the train was from the 60's, because a old @ss train from the NMBS (Belgian Railways) stopped in front of me. What the hell kind of train is that? Well shaken and stirred I arrived at Schiphol and took my bus to Amstelveen.
The last day was fun. I cleared out my desk and moved my stuff to the other floor. Everyone enjoyed their vlaai and I said my goodbyes.
Today I am at my new desk, but no work as yet. That will be next week. After work I'll head to Schiphol to wait for my buddy Les to arrive from Mykonos from his vacation. Maybe we'll have some coffee at Starbucks, before we head home.
And so it goes...
The past weeks, I travel to Schiphol with Fyra. That is the NS highspeed train that travels between Rotterdam-Schiphol-Amsterdam. Rotterdam-Schiphol is only 26 minutes. I just have to pay €1,50 extra. But I'm going to stop in 2 weeks, because then the prices go up and I am not willing to pay NS more than that. My job pays for my travel to/from work. Anyway it seems that Fyra was cancelled. Why? The board said 'logistieke problemen'. What the hell does that even mean?! And the regular Intercity's to Schiphol were also cancelled, because... you guessed it... seinstoring! WTF?! And they did not know how long it was going to last! Well it lasted 2 hours!!!! Then finally the International Train came from Brussels. I couldn't believe my eyes when the train stopped in front of me. I think the train was from the 60's, because a old @ss train from the NMBS (Belgian Railways) stopped in front of me. What the hell kind of train is that? Well shaken and stirred I arrived at Schiphol and took my bus to Amstelveen.
The last day was fun. I cleared out my desk and moved my stuff to the other floor. Everyone enjoyed their vlaai and I said my goodbyes.
Today I am at my new desk, but no work as yet. That will be next week. After work I'll head to Schiphol to wait for my buddy Les to arrive from Mykonos from his vacation. Maybe we'll have some coffee at Starbucks, before we head home.
And so it goes...
3 Comments:
Which train you mean, it has like dark glass and the color is like off white red and blue??? I saw that ugly thing at schiphol. And yes man that Rotterdam central Metro station is wauwwwww, I was there tuesday. Goodluck at Delta and make the best out of it. I hope they make you wear uniform. I love the DL uniform.
By the way I also saw the new International train man they look pretty.
And my lovely Insel Air has 3 a/c now and end of this year number 4 to come. :)
Uhm Lesley at Mykonos? Where the hell is that, nooit van gehoord. ff googelen.
Greetings from NRT
Dev
Yes Dev, that's exactly the train I mean! Ugh!
DL has fronline & backline employees. Frontline employees are the service agents and CA's and they must wear the uniform. I am backline, so uniform is not required. That being said... all of our measurements were taken and when we go to Atlanta for training we can pick up our uniforms.
Talking about uniforms Dev, what are your thoughts about the name pin dissapearing from your uniform next year? I think it's just odd.
Mykonos is a Greek island. Never been there myself, but I could see the island when I was at Santorini.
I read that Insel also started an interline agreement with US and AV. Hope they keep doing well. Just like the pride of Aruba.... Tiara! Hahaha!
Enjoy Tokyo! At least the daggeld is high!
Ryan how come you didn't congratulate your buddy Lesley on the inaugural flight of Speedbird 1? You know they haven't used that flight number since LHR-JFK on Concorde? I heard the flight was a success and that even Willy Walsh was on board.
Jacky G.
Post a Comment
<< Home