Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Openbaar Vervoer/Public Transportation

I own a car. But I travel with public transportation as much as possible. Mostly because my employer encourages it and they pay for it. Also because it's less hassle and good for the environment.

But sometimes the busses, trains, trams, metro just piss me off! Yesterday morning for example... I live close to the famous Erasmusbrug in Rotterdam. I jump on my bike in the morning and bike it to the tram stop which is only 3 minutes away. I lock my bike and wait for the tram. In Rotterdam it's done by the RET. The signs tells you it will be 2 minutes for the tram to come. Well you might as well sit down and get comfortable, because it ain't happening. You can be waiting for 10-15 minutes at times! Then I eventually reach to the trainstation late missing the International Train to Schiphol. I prefer taking the International Train, because it does not stop at that stupid Leiden station. So I have to take the Intercity that goes to Schiphol via The Hague and Leiden. The train was late as usual and in Leiden we were stuck for almost 10 minutes. Don't ask me why. Leiden always storms up trouble with the Intercity's! At Schiphol I take a bus to Amstelveen.

Another thing I hate with the NS or ProRail or whomever is that damn 'seinstoring' they always seem to have. I mean seriously... NS/ProRail need to check-up in their crappy sh*t! And the crap about it is that the rerouting they give you to reach your destination are so far out and crazy! Lat time it took me 3 hell-raising hours to get from Utrecht to Rotterdam, because of some crazy f*cked-up seinstoring.

And you pay so much money for a train ticket or 'abonnement'! Now next year they will be bringing the NS Hispeed train, which can get me to/from work much faster! At first I was happy to hear this. But then these SOB's announced that the ticket will be 70% more expensive! WTF?! They can kiss my @ss!

Okay I am going on and on, but I am getting really sick of the shit that's going on. Don't even get me started on the OV-chip card. Great idea... but the equipment sucks! You know how many times I lost money with that retarded piece of crap? Okay, I'm stopping now. I just needed to air out a little....

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leiden... ugh!

8.9.09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, you are soooooo a funny man Ryan OMG!. Just adore reading your blog. Dammit!

Dev

8.9.09  
Anonymous LP said...

OMG. I almost fell on the floor laughing Ryan. Indeed, what is up with the long stops in Leiden? Also, what the hell is up with those old trams that Den Haag seems to have. The GVB in Amsterdam and the RET in Rotterdam have the new ones weher people who have a stroller and disabled people can board easy. But Den Haag's HTM have these old thing from 1899 or something! My cousin says there are only 2 new trams running in Den Haag. Dat kan toch niet?!

Les

8.9.09  
Anonymous Jennifer B. said...

Hey primo! NS Hispeed started yesterday. You can now do Rotterdam-Schiphol in 26 minutes!!!! Not me though, because it doesn't stop in Den Haag HS. It goes straight from Rotterdam to Schiphol and then Amsetrdam every hour on the hour. But I don't know if KLM wil reimburse you for the cost. The ticket is cheap until October 6 and then it goes up with that 70% thing you talked about in your post.


And yes Lesley, the trams in DH are stupid. I have a baby and have problems getting in/out of those things with a buggy.

Jenny

9.9.09  
Blogger Traveller said...

Hey JenJen. Yeah today I got some email from NS telling me about HiSpeed. They are calling it Fyra. Whatever. They are just using the regular International Train. Next year the real Fast train will begin. Oh yeah... tell HTM they need to check into those old @ss trams. Wha' up with that sh*t? LOL! Damn those trams are older than me!

9.9.09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Niet zeuren. Pak gewoon de auto. heb ik ook gedaan na 2 jaar met de OV gereisd te hebben. Ze bekijken het maar!

9.9.09  

Post a Comment

<< Home