Monday, September 28, 2009

Lunch!

It's lunchtime now and I'm just enjoying a Caeser salad I got in the cafetaria. Wednesday is the last day I'll be working from this desk. On October 1, 2009 I'll be working on another floor within the KLM building where Delta has already begun a setup.

KLM always handled all of Northwest's business here in Amsterdam and Delta wants KLM to do the same for them. The difference between Northwest and the new Delta is that Delta wants it's own team of representatives in The Netherlands that is mainly dedicated to them only. We will be headed by Delta people from Atlanta that came to live here. Another difference is that we have to do it for the whole of Europe, instead of Holland alone.

I am really looking forward to this new challenge. I haven't gotten the exact dates as yet, but I do have to go to Atlanta (Delta's World Headquarters) for traning etc. Will keep you posted!

2 Comments:

Blogger Angelo said...

Atlanta is so damn boring. What will happen to NW's World Headquarters in Eagan, Minnesota? Will it dissappear?

29.9.09  
Anonymous LP said...

Kind of Angelo. Eagan will remail the American headquarters, but Atlanta will be the world headquarters. Delta will have its main hub at Atlanta Hartsfield (ATL) and other hubs in Salt Lake City (SLC), New York (JFK), Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG), Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (DTW), Memphis International Airport (MEM) and Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP). Outside the USA they will have 2 hubs; Amsterdam Schiphol (AMS) and Tokyo Narita (NRT). Note that Paris CDG is NOT a hub for Delta despite their partnership with Air France.

Les

30.9.09  

Post a Comment

<< Home