ORD
Last week Monday I went to the USA for work. Chicago to be exact. Damn, was it warm in the 'windy city'! Anyway I was send there to attend a course at IATA (International Air Transport Association) for Airline Marketing. I was to go with a co-worker but she got the flu and couldn't go anymore. And no... not that swine flu thing. Just the regular one!
The trip was standard. I flew KLM to/from Chicago ORDin Economy Class. Yes the recession is affecting us too! Business Class is no longer the standard travelling class for duty travel. Oh well...
I've been to Chicago before, so all I did is some quick shopping like Welch's Grape Juice, Irish Spring Soap and Nestea Ices Tea powder at Wallgreens.
The course was alright. Nothing spectacular. They did show video's about the marketing strategies of different airlines and the difference between them. A great example is British Airways and Virgin Atlantic. Two British airlines that compete with each other. BA is old-fashioned and conservative, while VS is wild & sexy. Check out these YouTube vids and tell me what you think...
While taking a cab to the course I passed by Harpo Studios. You know... where the Oprah Show is shot! Cool!

Harpo Studios
The days passed by quickly and then it was time to go back home with trusty blue. Ugh, does anyone else hate the TSA?????

Arrival at Chicago O'Hare with public transportation

My flight from Starbucks Coffee

KLM crew at the gate

Inflight ORD-AMS
Bye for now....
The trip was standard. I flew KLM to/from Chicago ORDin Economy Class. Yes the recession is affecting us too! Business Class is no longer the standard travelling class for duty travel. Oh well...
I've been to Chicago before, so all I did is some quick shopping like Welch's Grape Juice, Irish Spring Soap and Nestea Ices Tea powder at Wallgreens.
The course was alright. Nothing spectacular. They did show video's about the marketing strategies of different airlines and the difference between them. A great example is British Airways and Virgin Atlantic. Two British airlines that compete with each other. BA is old-fashioned and conservative, while VS is wild & sexy. Check out these YouTube vids and tell me what you think...
While taking a cab to the course I passed by Harpo Studios. You know... where the Oprah Show is shot! Cool!

Harpo Studios
The days passed by quickly and then it was time to go back home with trusty blue. Ugh, does anyone else hate the TSA?????

Arrival at Chicago O'Hare with public transportation

My flight from Starbucks Coffee

KLM crew at the gate

Inflight ORD-AMS
Bye for now....
27 Comments:
I of course like the ones from Speedbird. Duh!
Virgin wins! Hands down!!!!
Hi there! I've been reading your weblog for a long while now and this is my very first comment. Why now? Because I am an employee of the Virgin Group of Airlines. It consists of Virgin Atlantic, Virgin America, Virgin Blue, Polynesian Blue, Pacific Blue, V Australia and Air Asia X. We arew the coolest, hippest, most modern group of airlines around and that is thanks to our President & CEO Sir Richard Branson. The guy is a billionaire, but hangs out with normal people and acts normal. He likes cool, sex & stuff and wants his companies to reflect that. So my vote of course goes to Virgin... Still red Hot!
Greg Thompson
Sydney/Australia
Which Virgin company do you work for Greg? Thanks for your comment BTW.
Ryan
:-) VA. V Australia. The best! Check out our ad!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pInEMMQu9tg
Greg Thompson
Virgin is bekend om hun informele, sexy bedrijfscultuur. Dat wordt ook aangemoedigt door Sir Richard Branson. Dat maakt het vliegen met Virgin Atlantic iets apart. De 'traditionele' maatschappijen zoals British Airways, Lufthansa, KLM, Air France, Iberia etc. kunnen daar niet tegenop. Ze hebben een heel andere bedrijfscultuur die je niet kan veranderen. Ik werk voor ze, maar ik kan je vertellen dat KLm niet sexy is. Air France daarentegen misschien wel, maar dat heeft te maken met "d'allure de France" om het zo te zeggen.
@ Lesley: Ik weet dat je voor 'Speedbird' werkt Les, maar toch ga ik voor Virgin!
Groetjes,
Rob
Wat is Speedbird??????
JKL
Speedbird is the callsign for BA. Every airline has a callsign. ALM used to be 'Antillean', Air Aruba was 'Aruba', South African is 'Springbok', Aer Lingus is 'Shamrock', Air Jamaica is 'Reggaebird', Jetairfly is 'Beauty', Virgin America is 'Redwood', SkyEurope is 'Relax', Airtran is 'Citrus', Icelandair is 'Frozen', China Airlines is 'Dynasty', Pan Am was 'Clipper', Continental Express is 'Jetlink', America West was 'Cactus', SN Brussels is 'S-Tail'.... and so I can go on and on...
Les
Very good, Mr. Peterson. I am impressed! And look at me thinking that BA'ers are dumb.
Ry
Wow, Les! You really know your aviation lingo!
Oh, yeah, give me Virgin as well!!! I like those girls!
Ryan, FU!!! :-P
This comment has been removed by the author.
Everyone has a different taste. I also work for KLM, but always admired the cusiness culture of Virgin Atlantic. Even Delta is hip with Deltalina wagging her fingers in your face telling you that smoking is not allowed! Hihihi!
Shantie
Well! I also work for KLM and like Robin said not sexy and to top it off that new female uniform GOTTA GO! And sorry Lesley but Thumbs up for Virgin Atlantic. I was borned mid september so i'm also a virgin(virgo, maagd) and damnnnnn we're HOT.
And excuse me I even think this uniform back then was hotter than what British Airways uniform currently is.
Good Old Days. Check these links: http://nl.tinypic.com/r/4tn4o1/3
http://nl.tinypic.com/r/34i03sk/3
Greetings from boring Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Dev
OMG Dev! Die eerste foto van de FQ personeel is gaaf! Ik heb zelf 3 jaar voor ze gewerkt als Reservations Agent en CA. Ik zat op de één na laatse vlucht vanuit BWI/PHL. De volgende dag werd FQ failliet verklaard. Ik zat op Beatrix samen met mijn collega's te wachten op de allerlaatste vlucht die vanuit EWR aankwam. Mijn vriendin Shayne zat op die vlucht en kwam me huilend tegemoet. Ik word er emotioneel van als ik eraan denk! Dat was de einde van FQ. Ik heb 2 maanden op mijn slaris gewacht, maar heb geen cent gezien. Toen ben ik naar NL vertroken waar ik voor Air Holland heb gewerkt en nu dus bij de KLM. Maar je vind bijna geen info of foto's van FQ op internet. En op die foto van jou zie ik heel veel bekende gezichten. De namen ben ik kwit, maar de gezichten ben ik niet vergeten! Het waren goeie tijden....
Jens
Nou Jens! Ik heb heleboel fotos van FQ hoor van de crew en zelfs fotos van toen ze die carwash bij die AirAruba gebouw(wayaka) hadden. Als ik echt helemaal niets te doen heb en in de stemming ben dan scan ik ze en zet ik die links op deze blog als Ryan het niet erg vind LOL! Ik herinner de namen wel maar is teveel om te typen natuurlij haha. Trouwens Shayne De Cuba ik vond haar altijd een beeldschone stewardess met haar blond haar. Ik zou graag willen dat FQ een reunion maak. Maar tja ik heb niet veel daar gewerkt alleen 5 maanden. LOL toen ben ik overgestapt naar DCA.
Dev! Je kent Shayne dus ook! Wat is de wereld toch klein! Je zat dus ook bij FQ? Wat was je functie? Enfin, ik ken haar vanaf schooltijd. Ryan en ik zaten samen met haar in de klas op Augustinus College.
Jammer genoeg heb ik contact met haar verloren. Zo gaan die dingen nou eenmaal.
Maar mijn tijd bij FQ was niet normaal. Lay-overs in EWR, drinken als een gek in Bahia en toendertijd had je nog de E-Zone... en ik viel op, omdat ik een 'macamba' was die Papiamento sprak met een raar accent. Mijn Spaans was ook niet al te best en daarom haatte ik de vluchten naar CCS, MDE, BOG etc. Mijn ergste vluchht was een charter die we moesten uitvoeren van MAO naar MCO met luidruchtige Braziliaanse kinderen die naar Disney World gingen!!! OMG!! Of de brand aan boord op de terugweg van Bogotá op de nieuwe MD90!!! LOL! Dat vergeet ik nooit! KLM is geweldig... maar FQ heeft een speciale plek in mijn hart. Scan die foto's AUB. Misschien zit er ook eentje van mij erbij. Ik was een Macamba met donkerblond krullen haar. Kan niet missen! Alvats bedankt, Dev.
Oh ja, ken jij toevallig Remy Maduro? Ik zat toevallig met hem op een kist naar BON. Hij is ook ex-FQ.
Jens
@ Dev: I don't mind. Air Aruba is part of my past too. I didn't work for them directly, but worked with them via Air Aruba/Ogden Ground Services. Actually it was Jenske's Mom who got me the job. Unfortunatly I lost it by doing something stupid :-( ut now I have a much better job and I realize that Air Aruba as well as Ogden were some badly managed companies. But, I met some great people there that I still talk too whenever I am in Aruba. I like it when people interact with each other, so post anything you like. I'm cool with it.
@ Jens: Ik weet het, ik weet het!! Ik ga je gauw bellen. Hé ken je Jennifer 'Pat' Patterson nog? De beste Supervisor ooit! Of Ludeshka? Veronica 'Kelleis' Kelly? Of die ene meid Moraima die opgepakt was voor het inchecken van drugs op de KLM. Die is in de ticket office gaan werken van FQ. Ik zag Monet Jones vorige keer. Die werkte voor US Airways via een afhandelaar. Ik weet niet wie US afhandeld. Man, oh man. Dat waren nog eens tijden. We waren allebei 18 toen we waren begonnen met werken in de luchtvaart en nu zijn we 30 en we doen het nog steeds. Maar voor de grote KLM. Wie zou dat gedacht hebben?
Yes son... life does take you in strange places. But I am proud to see how you turned out.
Actually not really. I'm prouder of the fact that you can get Dad and me very very cheap tickets to anywhere in the world on any airline. Great discounts on hotels and car rentals too! Hahaha! Just kidding. No, I'm not!
Love Mom!
Ik ben allang blij dat de nieuwe uniform broeken heeft. Ik zie vaak mensen van KLM health Services en ook KLM personeel op buitenstations een broek dragen. geloof mij nu maar... als het -20 is bij aankomst in YUL, ben je blij dat je een broek aan hebt. Wat de nieuwe 'look' van Mart Visser betreft, daar heb ik nog geen mening over. We zullen zien.
Christa
Ik vraag me af of de ondernemingsraad al een beslissing heeft genomen hoe ze dat willen doen met de P & SP strepen. Want sinds de Assistent Purser & Europa Purser Purser werden en de ICA Purser Senior Purser werd, lopen er op ICA vluchten de 4-banders rond. Dat is niet echt efficiënt. Ze wilden wat anders verzinnen... ik ben benieuwd. Good night y'all!
Ryan
Dat is inderdaad waar. Ik las het in de VNC nieuwsbrief. En dat gedoe dat onze naamspelden verdwijnen is ook iets raars. Ik had nooit geweten dat die een probleem waren en ik vlieg al 12 jaar! Belachelijk!
Who saw the new KLM 77W in SkyTeam liver??
I did, uhm on Youtube :)
Ik heb het op RTL nieuws gezien. Ik vind het maar een llijk ding. Lijkt een beetje op Aeroflot.
De 772 zijn prima kisten, maar de 77W met die 10 stoelen van links naar rechts is en beetje 'te'! 3-3-3 is prima. Maar 3-4-3 is zeer krap.
Mo
Post a Comment
<< Home