Monday Morning
I am on the job right now and I'm kinda bored. I have a meeting at 10.30 and untill that time there is not much to do. So what better thing to do than write a blog. My weekend was quite busy. Remesh is in Vancouver for his job, so I had all the freedom to do what I wanted. So Friday after work I picked up my nephew, Milan, and went shopping with him for new clothes, sneaker and toys in Rotterdam. After that we headed to the fun fair in Sliedrecht. That boy can keep you busy. But it was fun!
Saturday I spent with Les & Micheline in Amsterdam having lunch and catching a movie and Sunday I was in Den Haag (The Hague) with my cousin Jenny and her baby DJ.
Milan at the fun fair in Sliedrecht
In the car on the way back home
Saturday I spent with Les & Micheline in Amsterdam having lunch and catching a movie and Sunday I was in Den Haag (The Hague) with my cousin Jenny and her baby DJ.
Lesley, Micheline & me
Jenny, DJ & me
As for my job you may remember that I was recently offered 2 jobs. One was with SkyTeam Central at the World Trade Center and the other one was with Delta. The SkyTeam job I didn't find interesting nor challenging enough. The Delta job however is still keeping me ineterested. It's like this... the new Delta (DL) is a merger between DL and Northwest Airlines (NW). They will be operating many flights to Europe. Especially Amsterdam AMS and Paris CDG. What DL wants to do is create a dedicated team of people in all departments that perform duties exclusively for DL. I would not have to leave KLM, but rather work for KLM exlusively dedicated to DL. They already have a dedicated team of check-in staff at Schiphol and Paris CDG. The team will be based in The Netherlands but would be responsible for the entire DL network in Europe. From Management, to crew coordination, quality control, BSP (Billing and Settlement Plan), sales & marketing, cargo etc. etc. The team will consist of about 115 people and will be headed by people of DL from Atlanta. It will be mostly based in Amsterdam with some key people in Paris and London.
Delta at Schiphol
There are several position I could chose from with my experience and background, but I am not sure which as yet. The offer is very interesting because of the challenge in it. It is also something new besides KLM. Because we continue to receive a KLM paycheck, the CAO (work agreement) states that 90% of our hours can be devoted to Delta and 10% to the KLM Group. I will retain all my years of employment and my benefits as they are at this moment. So yeah, I am leaning towards the DL offer. But again... I haven't decided as yet. I have untill the end of September to make a decision.
Tomorrow I'm flying to London for a presentation by DL given by people from Atlanta. People from Paris, Amsetrdam, Frankfurt & London will also be there. So we'll see how that goes. I still haven't heard anything from Staff Travel, but I hope I can get a flight out of Rotterdam RTM tomorrow morning instead of Amsterdam AMS. It will make my life much more easier! I can just take the bus to the aiport, instead of the dreadful train in the morning rush. But sometimes the word 'easy' does not appear in KLM's vocabulary. Ugh...





8 Comments:
You could have chose a better pic, Mr. Ryan!!!
Would you have to actually wear the Delta uniform???
Marlon
I am not sure if any DL uniform will be worn. You see the DL staff that used to work in Amsterdam have been absorbed in KLM. The dedicated Delta team wear KLM uniform. I am not sure of the ticket office though.
Maybe Management or frontline staff, but again... when I am in London tomorrow I will certainly be asking those questions.
Ryan
Waar is die vergadering? Probeer je RTM-LHR of naar LCY??
Lies
Er zijn geen vluchten naar LHR vanaf RTM. Alleen LCY. Die worden allemaal uitgevoerd door VG (VLM). Al deze vluchten zijn ook codeshare met KLM en hebben dus ook een KL vluchtnummer. VG houdt straks op met bestaan en wordt CityJet. Het wordt geïntegreerd in CityJet van AF. KLm heeft de LHR geschrapt om die dure slots te gebruiken voor andere AF/KLM vluchten vanaf LHR. Voorlopig zijn die 2 slos geleased aan DL die vluchten naar JFK en ATL uitvoerd. Dat is sinds de Open Skies Overeenkomts tussen de EU en de VS. daarvoor mochten allen 2 Amerikaanse en 2 Britse maatschappijen vanaf London Haethrow vliegen naar bepaalde bestemmingen in de VS. De 2 Britse waren Lesley's BA en Virgin Atlantic en de 2 Amerikaanse waren American Airlines en United Airlines. Die mochten vanaf LHR alleen vliegen op Baltimore, Boston, Chicago O'Hare, Denver, Detroit, Los Angeles, Miami, New York-JFK, Newark, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington-Dulles. Alle andere maatschappijen moesten vliegen vanaf Gatwick. Als AA op een andere Amerikaanse bestemming wilde vliegen, moesten ze het ook doen vanaf Gatwick. Sinds Open Skies mag iedereen vliegen op Heathrow.
Daar komt ook nog bij dat HV ook vluchten heeft naar Londen, maar dan naar Luton. Hiervoor was het Stansted, maar nu is dat Luton.
Rob
Wat je zegt klopt als een bus Rob. Onder de overeenkomst van LHR (heet eigenlijk Bermuda II) mochten bepaalde airlines ook '5th Freedom' vluchten uitvoeren. Dat waren Air India, El Al, Iran Air en Kuwait Airways die vanauit Mumbai/Delhi, Tel Aviv, Lahore/Karachi/Islamabad en Koeweit Stad naar de Verenigde Staten vlogen. Ze mochen tevens tickets tussen de VK en VS verkopen.
Les
Nou, het zou leuk zijn Ryan om je weer in uniform te zien. I personally like DL & AF's uniform. Their kewllll
Dev
Have a safe trip son.
Pam
Post a Comment
<< Home