Saturday, January 10, 2009

Made it back at last!

OMG! What a drama with that IPB crap trying to leave Aruba AUA. As you know I went to AUA to spend my New Year over there. I left the 29th on KLM to Bonaire BON and it was no problem at all. Robin was working the flight as well. At the gate I got loaded on and I sat World Business Class on the way down. In Bonaire I just had to pick up my ticket with DAE Airlines to Aruba and by 09.00 I was home... on my island.

It was great! 32 degrees! Better than this shitty weather they had here in Holland. So New Year was also slamming. I spent it with my cousin Jeandrina and my buddy Darrell. Later in the day I had dinner with my whole family at a restaurant in Oranjestad and the idea was for me to leave the 2nd of January. Now with my ticket I could fly with Martinair or KLM. The 2nd I was denied boarding by both airlines. They were a total of 30 IPB'ers standing in front of the counter all hoping for seats. The captain gave 2 persons the chance to sit on a jump seat. Guess what.... they were his family! Agains all of KLM IPB rules, but as an IPB'er, you learn not to make drama and scandal. And so I took the bus back home. The 3rd I tried on Martinair again, but because the flight was going via Curaçao CUR and it was overbooked, no one got on. The 4th we were with 45 IPB-ers at the counter with a flight that was also heavily overbooked. The 5th was the same story. I called a buddy of mine at KLM and asked what my best option would be and he said to get my ass to Caracas CCS and take Air France from there to Paris CDG and then connect to AMS. I bought a ticket to CCS that same afternoon and when i arrived at Maiquetía airport, I listed with AF to CDG. AF okayed my AUA-AMS ticket as CCS-AMS. And I got on without a problem and that's how I arrived back in Holland 3 days ago. Ugh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home