Bad news...
Ik baal, ik baal, ik baal! I didn't blog lately as promised, but I had a good reason. One of them is that my desktop PC crashed! I lost a lot of my pics, documents, music and stuff. One day I left my PC on and went to work. When I came back home, I tried using it, but it froze. So I pressed te reset button and then all hell broke loose. It just wouldn't load Windows (I had XP on my desktop). No matter what I tried. The next day I carried it to a PC repair shop and the guy told me the Hard Drive Disc was busted. It needed replacing.
Replacing a HDD was inexpensive... 60 Euro's. But then my buddy Jan (IT Specialist) told me, I might as well invest in a new PC tower with Vista. So I decided not to do anything with the tower and to buy a new one. But as you can imagine, I was a bit pissed off... I mean... afterwards you realize all the things you are missing. Like my music for my iPod! As you know, you can't update your iPod anymore, because iTunes carries all the music. Thankfully someone on my job gave me special software to help this problem out.
Finally yesterday I took the time and shopped on the net for a PC. I saw it at Media Markt, but I always check to see if I can get it any cheaper on the internet. And I did. At Media Markt I saw the Acer Aspire M5630 Blu-ray for €800,-. Their best price was €777,-. I bought it on internet for €595,-. The reason for Acer is because my laptop is also from Acer and I like their quality. And just 2 months ago I bought a flatscreen 19" monitor from Acer as well. So it was just perfect. Media Markt can kiss my... well you know what.


Acer Aspire M5630
It should be deliverd today by DHL. But then you have to go through the whole installation process of all your software and what not. Ugh!
As for me all is going okay, I guess. Work is going great but private has been a rollercoaster ride the past months. You see Robin and me decided to call it quits after almost 6 years. And that's the main reason I didn't blog. Too much was going on. It just wasn't working anymore. Since I started with Air France Consulting a few years back and with the job I have now, I have been travelling a lot. If you include R's work schedule as a Cabin Attendant, we were hardly seeing each other. When home, he still had his 2 kids... I have my family and friends as well... it just wasn't working. So I had to make a decision... continue unhappy or break-up. We talked a lot and we both decided we should take a break. During the break I found out for myself that I liked being single and not having to report to anyone. I always was a free spirit. So I made a clean break. We still talk and he'll always be in my heart. But as I approach 30 in a few months, I do have to be realistic about the way my life is heading. So there you have it.
Life goes on and I did have a great summer. My parents are now on a cruise somewhere in the Caribbean and my cousin Jenny is on Aruba vacationing, before she delivers her baby in January. Yes.... she's pregnant. Congrats cousin!
And later on my cousin Michelle is coming from The Hague so I can help her install some stuff on her laptop. She is currently doing her HBO studies at Haagse Hogeschool and she loves it. She is great girl.

Michelle and me
I think I might order some food. I no longer have a Surinamer to cook for me. Jammer...
Replacing a HDD was inexpensive... 60 Euro's. But then my buddy Jan (IT Specialist) told me, I might as well invest in a new PC tower with Vista. So I decided not to do anything with the tower and to buy a new one. But as you can imagine, I was a bit pissed off... I mean... afterwards you realize all the things you are missing. Like my music for my iPod! As you know, you can't update your iPod anymore, because iTunes carries all the music. Thankfully someone on my job gave me special software to help this problem out.
Finally yesterday I took the time and shopped on the net for a PC. I saw it at Media Markt, but I always check to see if I can get it any cheaper on the internet. And I did. At Media Markt I saw the Acer Aspire M5630 Blu-ray for €800,-. Their best price was €777,-. I bought it on internet for €595,-. The reason for Acer is because my laptop is also from Acer and I like their quality. And just 2 months ago I bought a flatscreen 19" monitor from Acer as well. So it was just perfect. Media Markt can kiss my... well you know what.


Acer Aspire M5630
It should be deliverd today by DHL. But then you have to go through the whole installation process of all your software and what not. Ugh!
As for me all is going okay, I guess. Work is going great but private has been a rollercoaster ride the past months. You see Robin and me decided to call it quits after almost 6 years. And that's the main reason I didn't blog. Too much was going on. It just wasn't working anymore. Since I started with Air France Consulting a few years back and with the job I have now, I have been travelling a lot. If you include R's work schedule as a Cabin Attendant, we were hardly seeing each other. When home, he still had his 2 kids... I have my family and friends as well... it just wasn't working. So I had to make a decision... continue unhappy or break-up. We talked a lot and we both decided we should take a break. During the break I found out for myself that I liked being single and not having to report to anyone. I always was a free spirit. So I made a clean break. We still talk and he'll always be in my heart. But as I approach 30 in a few months, I do have to be realistic about the way my life is heading. So there you have it.
Life goes on and I did have a great summer. My parents are now on a cruise somewhere in the Caribbean and my cousin Jenny is on Aruba vacationing, before she delivers her baby in January. Yes.... she's pregnant. Congrats cousin!
And later on my cousin Michelle is coming from The Hague so I can help her install some stuff on her laptop. She is currently doing her HBO studies at Haagse Hogeschool and she loves it. She is great girl.

Michelle and me
I think I might order some food. I no longer have a Surinamer to cook for me. Jammer...
5 Comments:
Sadness.
huh?
Ik begrijp er niks van! Je hebt er nooit wat van gezegd. Jullie maakten zo'n leuk stelletje. Jammer.
ONBEGRIJPELIJK
WTF? I didn't see this one comin'. Now I know why you were not blogging for so freakin' long.
J.
Post a Comment
<< Home