Sunday, October 26, 2008

Back from DH

Yeah, well.... Den Haag is cool and all, but when you are feeling sick you just want to go home. But before I did, I passed by my parents house in Dordrecht. They just came back this morning from a fabulous vacation in the Caribbean. First they flew from Holland to New York, where they spend a few days shopping and visiting my great aunt who lives in Brooklyn. Then they flew to Aruba and spent 4 days there and then flew to Miami with a whole group of friends (including my aunt Grace and cousin Jeandrina), to take a cruise. They cruised from Miami to Labadee (Haiti), Montego Bay (Jamaica), Grand Cayman (Cayman Islands), Barabados and Cozumel (Mexico). Back in Miami they spent 4 days shopping, getting tattoos and piercings at Miami Ink (famous from the Discovery Channel program) and chilling out at South Beach. From there they flew back to Aruba to spend another 10 days. Then they flew to Atlanta and spend 2 days sightseeing at the Coca Cola headquarters, CNN headquarters and other stuff and from there they flew back to Amsterdam. All in all a very long, exhausting but fun trip. I was originally planning to go with them with Robin, but when the whole break-up thing came up, we both cancelled. We lost about € 200,- each on penalty costs. Flight cost wasn't a problem as we were to IPB to Miami on AF or MP.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Mom, dad, tante Grace & JD boarding the plane in Miami back to Aruba. All with a Miami T-shirt and white shorts.

They are of course more pics, but I will share them on a later date. Now I'm going to cook myself some bami with oven baked chicken and enjoy it with Remesh who is over here.

Have a great week!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering the same thing....

27.10.08  
Blogger Angelo said...

Your fasmily look like real tourists with their matching T's and shorts. hahahahaha!

27.10.08  

Post a Comment

<< Home