One Cool Summer
What's up people?!
Everything is okay with good old Ryan. I took a few weeks off from blogging, because there were a lot of things going on at the same time. Also I just needed a break. Of course there was the European Championship for soccer, but we all know how that ended! Sadness. Hectic stuff at work... more than usual anyway and of course loads of personal stuff.
Well after the soccer ended I travelled to Linköping (Sweden), Cincinatti (USA) and Caracas (Venezuela) for work. I've never been to the first, only once before to the second and countless times to the last as many Arubans have. Nothing special to note there... just the usual things. I just can't talk about it on this blog at this moment.
I do want to give a big shout out to my cousin Jennifer who passed her exams with success and will now be earning her Bachelor Degree in Facility Management at the Haagse Hogeschool. Congrats cousin! And also congratulations with your baby that's on the way.
With Robbedoes things are still going great. Right now my mister is on his first trip to Panama City PTY in Central America. Past weekend he was in... yes you guessed it... in switi Sranan... Suriname.

In the crew bus on the way to the crew hotel

With family & friends

Mano, Lisette, Robin and baby Kae
Well I didn't stay still either! It's summer people. Things to see and people to do... uhh... I mean things to do and people to see of course. Hahahaha! As I am not going on a long vacation this summer, I wanted to do weekend outings and short city trips. But I didn't know what. Then my buddy Remesh suggested a minicruise to England to visit the cities of Leeds, York and Kingston-upon-Hull. The last one is simply known as Hull. A quick internet search and a trip was booked from Thursday until Sunday. It was fabulous! I enjoyed travelling with Remesh and I think I've found myself a new travel mate for the future. Good travel mates are not that easy to find. For me thay have to be easygoing, adaptable to every situation and relaxed. My best travel mate has been Lesley so far. You would think I would say Robbedoes, but hell no... we always end up in a argument when we travel together. Always! Why do you think we each travel seperately with our own friends. It works for us. Robby has Thomas and I have Lesley. Of course we do go on vacation together, but not too often. Hey, sometimes you just have to accept the things the way they are.
So we hopped on the ship from Europoort near Rotterdam and sailed overnight to Hull. The ship has everything! Casino's, cinema, live bands, dance club, bars and restaurants. Never a dull moment on board. Ugh... I can write a whole page about the trip, but basically I had a blast with Remesh. York was fun, Leeds is lovely and it was never dull in Hull.


Our ship. The Pride of Rotterdam

Port of Hull



Remesh out and about our cabin. And yes... he snores!

City of Leeds

Sea Aquarium 'The Deep' in Hull

Kano-ball in Hull. It's basically soccer in a kano

City of York

Just chillin' outside the ship termainal in Hull before boarding



Remesh & I on the ship
Hmmm... what more can I write about? Until now, the weather kinda sucks. I have yet to see good weather for a long stretch. Carnival in Rotterdam is coming up soon though! Me like! My buddy Darrell is also coming to Holland on vacation in a few weeks, so I have some things planned for the both of us. For the rest things are the same really. Is my life boring now? In a few months I will be hitting the big 30! Yippie! Not! I'm getting old! Lol! Oh well.... whatever... nevermind.
Take care of yourselves and have 'one cool summer'.
Everything is okay with good old Ryan. I took a few weeks off from blogging, because there were a lot of things going on at the same time. Also I just needed a break. Of course there was the European Championship for soccer, but we all know how that ended! Sadness. Hectic stuff at work... more than usual anyway and of course loads of personal stuff.
Well after the soccer ended I travelled to Linköping (Sweden), Cincinatti (USA) and Caracas (Venezuela) for work. I've never been to the first, only once before to the second and countless times to the last as many Arubans have. Nothing special to note there... just the usual things. I just can't talk about it on this blog at this moment.
I do want to give a big shout out to my cousin Jennifer who passed her exams with success and will now be earning her Bachelor Degree in Facility Management at the Haagse Hogeschool. Congrats cousin! And also congratulations with your baby that's on the way.
With Robbedoes things are still going great. Right now my mister is on his first trip to Panama City PTY in Central America. Past weekend he was in... yes you guessed it... in switi Sranan... Suriname.

In the crew bus on the way to the crew hotel

With family & friends

Mano, Lisette, Robin and baby Kae
Well I didn't stay still either! It's summer people. Things to see and people to do... uhh... I mean things to do and people to see of course. Hahahaha! As I am not going on a long vacation this summer, I wanted to do weekend outings and short city trips. But I didn't know what. Then my buddy Remesh suggested a minicruise to England to visit the cities of Leeds, York and Kingston-upon-Hull. The last one is simply known as Hull. A quick internet search and a trip was booked from Thursday until Sunday. It was fabulous! I enjoyed travelling with Remesh and I think I've found myself a new travel mate for the future. Good travel mates are not that easy to find. For me thay have to be easygoing, adaptable to every situation and relaxed. My best travel mate has been Lesley so far. You would think I would say Robbedoes, but hell no... we always end up in a argument when we travel together. Always! Why do you think we each travel seperately with our own friends. It works for us. Robby has Thomas and I have Lesley. Of course we do go on vacation together, but not too often. Hey, sometimes you just have to accept the things the way they are.
So we hopped on the ship from Europoort near Rotterdam and sailed overnight to Hull. The ship has everything! Casino's, cinema, live bands, dance club, bars and restaurants. Never a dull moment on board. Ugh... I can write a whole page about the trip, but basically I had a blast with Remesh. York was fun, Leeds is lovely and it was never dull in Hull.


Our ship. The Pride of Rotterdam

Port of Hull



Remesh out and about our cabin. And yes... he snores!

City of Leeds

Sea Aquarium 'The Deep' in Hull

Kano-ball in Hull. It's basically soccer in a kano

City of York

Just chillin' outside the ship termainal in Hull before boarding



Remesh & I on the ship
Hmmm... what more can I write about? Until now, the weather kinda sucks. I have yet to see good weather for a long stretch. Carnival in Rotterdam is coming up soon though! Me like! My buddy Darrell is also coming to Holland on vacation in a few weeks, so I have some things planned for the both of us. For the rest things are the same really. Is my life boring now? In a few months I will be hitting the big 30! Yippie! Not! I'm getting old! Lol! Oh well.... whatever... nevermind.
Take care of yourselves and have 'one cool summer'.
2 Comments:
Ik snurk niet! Jij snurkt!
Welcome back! Where the hell were you for soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo looooooooooooooooooooong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me no like!
Post a Comment
<< Home