Wednesday, May 14, 2008

No more free days

The last national holiday is over for a while. Now I have to wait until Christmas to get an extra day off. Pffff. I honestly can't complain. Mother's Day was a blast... we ate at a wok restaurant in Dordt with the whole extended family of 19 people. Good times! It of course helped that the weather was tremendous. Definitely a fan of that! I even did what typical Dutch people do... I took my bike and rode from Rotterdam to Dordrecht and back. And yes... I even enjoyed it. It is so weird. I'm from a tropical island in the Caribbean and there we hide from the sun and sit in airco the whole day. Walk in the sun? I don't think so. While white people in Holland are out and about at the first sign of good weather about 'terrasje pakken' and going to the beach. We black people think that is soooo weird. But after a wet, grey summer like last year, I wanted to see sun.

Today was back to work like everyone else and it was quite busy at the office. We had to catch up on the backlog that developed during the May vacation and the long weekends. Around noon, I went to Schiphol Plaza and had coffee at Starbucks Coffee with Lesley. I haven't seen him for a long time (conflicting schedules), so we had a good bit of catching up to do. He wants to go to St. Maarten next month for a week, because his Mom is going to do an operation. But tickets aren't coming cheap anymore... especially if you are buying them on short notice. So I put in a request to AF Staff Travel to see if they would grant me an IPB ticket for him to SXM. That is what I like about working for AF... you can give someone else a ticket. With KLM, they have to travel with you. I guess, I'll hear tomorrow if it's granted. I never mind doing that kind of stuff for a buddy or family. Although I hate it when people start begging you to get an IPB for them. Hell no... I'm not into that.

My Unit Manager asked me if I wanted to go to Hong Kong for an audit on Friday to audit the AF crew hotel. I told her no. I rather not. Find somebody else or postpone it. You see, Remesh's youngest son is making birthday that day and there is a party at his house in Papendrecht. I love Hindoestaan parties. There so different than the ones we keep. So Hong Kong will have to wait. Also I didn't want to go with Anthon, my co-worker. I just don't like him with his crazy racist jokes and insults of Antillians, Turks, Moroccans, Muslims and other foreigners. I try to stay out of his way and not lower myself to his level, but some of his remarks really draw the blood from under my nails. And I have to go Hong Kong with somebody like that?! For 5 days?!!! As much as I love Hong Kong, I prefer a party in Papendrecht. Because if I have to bare with that piece of sh*t for 5 days, I might lose control like I did with Miep in India. Remember annoying Miep? Ugh!

After work I passed by the supermarket to get some groceries and I decided to barbeque spareribs. I know Robbedoes likes himself a barbeque ribs, so I told him to get his ass up and come over. The poor guy was tired from his 7/6 BKK. This is the term for a 7 day long trip to Bangkok (with excursion flights to Taipei TPE) followed by 6 days off. But as soon as he heard barbeque ribs, he was over in a New York minute. He made the salad, while I did the rice and a meal was born.
Photobucket
Delicious

Anyway, I am off to bed. It's late.

Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home