Saturday, May 24, 2008

Back from Tel Aviv

Yesterday I came back from Tel Aviv TLV in Israel. Trip went without a hitch and Tel Aviv is a great city. Now I know all the tales of war etc... Israel being the Holy Land and all, but there are a lot of tourists that go there. The people are amazingly open and friendly. Just don't start a conversation about Israel and Palestine with a local. Volatile stuff.

Anyway I was in TLV for both Air France and KLM. They both fly to TLV with an Airbus A320 and Boeing 737-800 respectively. Yields are great, so they are both considering to upgrade the service to an A330 (both) or AF an A330 and KLM a 777. This is uncommon, because both airlines consider TLV a EUR (European) destination, rather than ICA (intercontinental). In the past KLM did have MD11 as well as 747 services to TLV, but september 11, 2001 brought a stop to that. Either way, the conversation we had with the crew hotels, the airport authorities of Ben Gurion International Airport and El Al Ground Services were fruitful. Now its all pending on AF and KLM if and when they would like to upgrade their services pending governmental approval.

Robby did a 48 hour trip to Houston IAH and while there visited his family who live there. As always it was fun according to him. I've been to Houston twice and met the family and it is great fun. They have a pool in the backyard and that's heaven in the Texas heat, I can tell you.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Rob @ IAH

I'm going to head over to Patrick now to have dinner and then I'm off to bed early. I'm tired and still jet-lagged.

Have a great weekend!